Carnival Breeze

beshears

I am "thinking" of possibly doing the Carnival Breeze. If you have done the Breeze within the past year, would you please give me your pros/cons of this ship?

We like the sand/beach, but not snorkling, and touring areas.

Since it is a larger ship, and the cost is more, I just wanted if YOU think it is worth it?

I have been on the Breeze twice, last time just a year ago. Just got off the Dream, which is the same class of ship. But I loved the Breeze and am looking forward to going on her again soon.

It has everything that I love in a ship. All the upgrades like Guys burgers, Red Frog Rum bar, the outside deck around Deck 5 with the outside lanai's and BBQ, The Wok, Italian Restaurant on deck 11, and Serenity area for adults only.

The decor is so much better than the other older ships. More tropical theme than the glitzy, splashy colors of the other ships.

Was expecting the Dream to be the same as the Breeze, but was greatly disappointed.

I am "thinking" of possibly doing the Carnival Breeze. If you have done the Breeze within the past year, would you please give me your pros/cons of this ship?

We like the sand/beach, but not snorkling, and touring areas.

Since it is a larger ship, and the cost is more, I just wanted if YOU think it is worth it?

While we sailed Breeze a couple of years ago, she's still very fresh in our minds.

Breeze is my husband's favorite ship. She really is beautiful, with light yellow walls and fake trees "growing" throughout Lido buffet area. Though she's a larger ship we never felt like she was crowded.

Breeze has Red Frog Pub, where we spent every night, Guy's, Blue Iguana Cantina. The aft deck is nice and open to the sun, the breeze, and the sounds of the ocean. There is Serenity on Deck 12, I think.

We're sailing her again in February. Can't wait.

Which ports are you considering?

Also, as far as sand and beach, you need to read about the other ports of call here on Cruise Critic.

We love Grand Turk, as they have a beach right off the end of the pier and a swimming pool free to use at the Margaritaville right off the pier as well. But many ports have great beaches around the Caribbean for the price of an excursion.

The Breeze is a great ship, but some aspects were disappointing. The nighttime shows have been downgraded: no live music, far fewer performers, half the length, no props, fewer people attending, plenty of people walking out, minimal audience response. Some people thought the ship was boring at night. The decor has been very popular among many people, but I actually prefer the glitzy Vegas style decor that Carnival had before. In my regular life, I'm surrounded by plenty of toned down (aka boring) decor. So when I'm on vacation, I like the glitz for something different. The design of the lido deck inside area has lots of walls & sections, which creates for worse bottlenecks than her sister ships. And the floors in there are extremely slippery. There were some bad falls my week. Those slippery floors were introduced with the Magic, 1 ship prior to Breeze.

But, it was still a great ship & a nice cruise. I bought the weeklong pass for the 3D theater, which gave me something fun to do in the evenings. The waterslides & ropes course are so much fun!!! Plenty of great food options by day, but fewer options than previous ships after about 8:00. If you need food after that, you'll have a long wait for pizza. The aft pool area is really nice, with how it's open to the sea, unlike Conquest class ships.

Putting it all together, the Breeze falls somewhere in the middle of the pack, if I were to rank the ships I've been on. The Dream is by far in the way my favorite ship of all. It just did the best job at providing the complete experience, for all that I enjoy on a cruise. So for me, newer does not automatically mean better.

The Liberty is still my favorite, with the Breeze coming in a very close second. A couple of (very) minor complaints about the Breeze: Unlike other ships, the Aft pool area is NOT adults only, and tends to get almost as crowded as the main pool. The putt-putt golf course is showing signs of wear and tear and needs some attention. I also agree with k2 about the production shows in the theater. I hate to say this, but unless/until Carnival offers a more competitive pay rate for their performers (which would mean an increase in cruise prices), the shows are never going to get any better. But, all of that aside, there are a lot of good things about the Breeze. The Waterworks is a lot of fun. There always seems to be plenty of lounge chairs available on the Lido deck, but maybe not exactly where you'd like to have one. The layout for the buffet area seems to have been well thought out. The décor in the Atrium and throughout the ship is beautiful. The staff does an excellent job of keeping everything clean. Give the Breeze a try. It just may become your most (or second most) favorite ship.

Just off the Breeze in November, second time this year and no complaints at all. There are so many dining options. Finally got to try the sushi place and it was amazing. Go early for comedy just like all the other ships, we always do anytime dining waited only one elegant night for maybe 20 minutes. Great ship and great staff.

We have sailed Dream, Magic 3x, and Breeze 3x. Breeze is our favorite, but I wouldn't recommend cruising on her any time school is out. We did that with Family this year in June, bad mistake. Crowded, crowded, and crowded! The first two times on her were much more enjoyable.

Also, I agree that the shows are by far the worst on any cruise line we have done, and not worth attending for the most part, unless you want to be the audience member that entertains everyone else....

Comedy lounge is pretty good if you get there super early, or you will find yourself standing in the back of the room.

Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina are excellent free dining venues, and Farenheit 555 is a great steakhouse.

Red Frog Pub is a great place to hang out most afternoons and evenings, and the bartenders are very personable. They also have great apub grub options for a small fee! :D:D

Oh my, thank you "everyone" for your great responses.:)

You really gave me some good ideas of the Breeze ship.

Someone mentioned the color of "yellow," well that is MY favourite color. :)

I was ask what port/island I was interested in. I am NOT interested in going to Cozumel. It is beautiful, but I have been there so many times, I want to check out something different. If the Breeze (I have not checked out the itinerary) or another Carnival ship goes some other direction, other than Cozumel, what would it be?

Oh my, thank you "everyone" for your great responses.:)

You really gave me some good ideas of the Breeze ship.

Someone mentioned the color of "yellow," well that is MY favourite color. :)

I was ask what port/island I was interested in. I am NOT interested in going to Cozumel. It is beautiful, but I have been there so many times, I want to check out something different. If the Breeze (I have not checked out the itinerary) or another Carnival ship goes some other direction, other than Cozumel, what would it be?

If you go to Carnival's web site, you'll see that the Breeze alternates between doing Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, with a few Southern Caribbean cruises thrown in the mix. If you're not interested in a return to Cozumel, that leaves either an Eastern or Southern Carib. itinerary to choose from.

We had our wedding cruise on the Breeze in November 2015. There were 10 family members with us and we all had a great time. There actually was live music every night. We went to see a comedian named Roman and he was HILARIOUS!! The food was great, the staff were all very friendly and entertaining. The only Con we had was getting off at Ochos Rios. The line was wrapped around the ship and there was no direction at all. It was a disaster. Other then that, it's a huge ship and there is always something to do! We def want to go back at some point.