Lanai bbq

Heimey

There is a Lanai deck BBQ on sea days. I think it's the fifth deck (Promenade) on the starboard side, outside, mid-ship. You can catch a glimpse of it in action in the second video of my sig at 2:26.

Edited by Babycat

There is a Lanai deck BBQ on sea days. I think it's the fifth deck (Promenade) on the starboard side, outside, mid-ship. You can catch a glimpse of it in action in the second video of my sig at 2:26.

<<

https://vimeo.com/tyronebarthelemyjr...within-a-dream>>

Babycat,

Just watched your videos. Absolutely loved them. Your daughter is so cute! God is Good! :D

The Lanai BBQ will be the best kept secret on the first sea day. On subsequent sea days the secret has gotten out and the line usually shows it.

On the Magic, they had pulled pork among some other things. The odd thing, like most food on a cruise, is that they gave you hot dog buns to put pulled pork on. I would have expected slider or even sandwich buns.

My husband waited on line with a lot of other people before it even opened once. We didn't think it was worth all the hype... it was OK, but not something worth lining up early for or waiting 20 minutes for. But everyone's taste is different. I think it was towards the end of the cruise and we were just getting sick of eating, so the heavy BBQ just didn't do it for us. Clearly plenty of other people liked it.

Charcoal is how we do it on the west coast.

Cooking over charcoal is grilling , BBQ you smoke the meat , (brisket ,sholder, ribs. ect) in a smoker for 8-12 hours , using oak, hickory , pecan ,apple , real wood , no charcoal involved

Edited by Crusin Hogs

Cooking over charcoal is grilling , BBQ you smoke the meat , (brisket ,sholder, ribs. ect) in a smoker for 8-12 hours , using oak, hickory , pecan ,apple , real wood , no charcoal involved

Oh Know Another smoking thread.:eek:

do they have popcorn at the C side grill:rolleyes:

Main Menu

Fat Jimmy’s Best Barbequed Yardbird

Juicy, sweet, smoky CHICKEN BREAST. Mmmm, mmm.

Oh, Ya! Grilled Kielbasa

A tempting Old World favorite served C-Side!

Brew Ribbon Grilled Italian Sausage

Fat Jimmy loves ‘em! Why? Because they’re sausages!

Granny’s Grilled Veggies

You’ll be surprised when the kids ask for seconds.

Pig-In-A-Poke Pulled Pork Sandwiches

So slow-cooked Fat Jimmy almost fell asleep in the fire!

Sides

Potato Salad

Coleslaw

Baked Beans

Creamed Corn

Cornbread

Main Menu

Fat Jimmy’s Best Barbequed Yardbird

Juicy, sweet, smoky CHICKEN BREAST. Mmmm, mmm.

Oh, Ya! Grilled Kielbasa

A tempting Old World favorite served C-Side!

Brew Ribbon Grilled Italian Sausage

Fat Jimmy loves ‘em! Why? Because they’re sausages!

Granny’s Grilled Veggies

You’ll be surprised when the kids ask for seconds.

Pig-In-A-Poke Pulled Pork Sandwiches

So slow-cooked Fat Jimmy almost fell asleep in the fire!

Sides

Potato Salad

Coleslaw

Baked Beans

Creamed Corn

Cornbread

I didn't realize that the food served at Fat Jimmy's (currently on Breeze and on Magic after it's drydock in the Spring) was different than the Lanai BBQ on Dream and Magic until sailing on Breeze last fall.

I definitely preferred the offerings on Dream and Magic where you could get the sliders and quesadillas. I was pretty disappointed after standing in a long line only to realize that the food was different.

From Agricultered.org

What is the difference between barbecuing and grilling?

GRILL

This is what most people do in their backyards for dinner. This is also what most of us mean when we say “barbecue.” Grilling is cooking foods hot and fast (usually 500-550 degrees Fahrenheit, or higher). It is usually done over direct heat. Meats like steaks, pork chops, seafood, hamburgers, and hot dogs are great for grilling. Many vegetables and some fruits are also great cooked on the grill. Grilling is done over direct heat, where the flame (either gas or charcoal) is directly below the meat.

BARBECUE

Barbecuing is cooking foods low and slow. Barbecuing is usually used for cuts of meat like ribs, pork shoulder, beef brisket, or whole chickens or turkeys. These types of meats tend to be tougher, and need the low, slow heat of a barbecue (or a slow-cooker) in order to get them good and tender. Barbecued food is cooked over very low heat (usually 225 degrees Fahrenheit or lower) for a very long time (hours, or even all day long). Barbecuing is often done with indirect heat, where the heat source is connected to the chamber where the meat is held, but the meat is not directly over the flames like on a grill. Charcoal or wood are commonly used as the heat source for barbecue. Different types of wood give off different smoky flavors that the meat can absorb. The best barbecue chefs pride themselves on a very long cooking time to get the tenderest, most flavorful meat.

Jimmy's Sea Side BBQ is really Jimmy's Sea-side Grill. All their meats are cooked quickly over direct heat.

Looks like I am in the minority, but absolutely nothing to write home about!

I'm assuming it's the same as the Oceanside BBQ on her sister, the Magic. And if so, I agree 100%, it is NOT good. The only edible thing was the chicken. But then again, we think the food on the ship is terrible, but we don't cruise for food. :D

Edited by watermelonqueen99