Solo on Quantum/Anthem?

Hi all,

Considering a last-minute solo cruise on the Anthem. I've sailed solo on the Allure of the Seas as well as a cruise on Celebrity and on NCL (in a studio). My solo experience on the Allure was the worst of all of them as I was seated at a table for 4 with a group of 3 who didn't show up after the first night. It turned out to be a bit of a lonely cruise in terms of dining. I did meet some others at the Meet and Mingle and planned a dinner with them once, but other than that it wasn't by best experience.

Long story short - any solo experiences on the Quantum or Anthem? It looks like they have both late seating and anytime dining available for the sailing I'm looking at, but given the dynamic dining set-up, I'm concerned that I may end up eating alone for the whole cruise again.

Would love to hear about any positive or negative experiences! Thanks in advance, and wishing everyone Happy Holidays!!!

I think it's hard to say as each cruise is different. I can tell you that I am going solo in May and there are quite a few fellow solo travelers on my roll call. I don't have an issue eating alone, but I know it is a concern for some of the other travelers. Somebody is planning a dinner for all solos too. So, I would first say to look at the roll call of the cruise you are looking at and see what the makeup is.

I was also following a recent live review and noticed that they did have a few events for solo travelers. Have no idea if they get many people, but at least it's an option for you.

Alter ego, I think we are on the same boat, literary and figuratively! So also in the same group of solo travellers to have at least one dinner together probably.For the rest, I did book dynamic dining, without time, so, we'll see what's happening. Till now I did cruise with Singles Cruise.com. But this time I wantend to cruise from NJ, to stay with my sister's family before and after the cruise.

Thanks all! I did check the roll call and for whatever reason, it's very small for this sailing (and no obvious solo travelers from what I read). So nothing planned as of yet on that front.

If anyone has been solo (or has a game plan for their upcoming cruise), I would love to hear about it! :) I might just bite the bullet and book tomorrow if the price doesn't go up! It's working out to $1609CAD plus tax and tips (for 7 days) for a solo in an inside room. Still super pricey, but actually cheaper than a studio on NCL, and cheaper than any other alternatives I've found. The weak Canadian dollar is really kicking my butt this time around! Perhaps I can justify it as it's a new ship and I have yet to go on that class!

But the question remains - which dining to book - dynamic anytime or classic late seating. Hmm... Decisions decisions!

This has been MY experience both for myself and what I've seen with other cruisers: to be happy as a solo cruiser, you need to be ok both eating alone and with others. If you're going to be miserable dining alone, I wouldn't recommend going solo. I enjoy both options, but I saw someone on NCL break down because nobody invited her to lunch-- you really have to be comfortable going solo for meals, IN MY OPINION.

This has been MY experience both for myself and what I've seen with other cruisers: to be happy as a solo cruiser, you need to be ok both eating alone and with others. If you're going to be miserable dining alone, I wouldn't recommend going solo. I enjoy both options, but I saw someone on NCL break down because nobody invited her to lunch-- you really have to be comfortable going solo for meals, IN MY OPINION.

Denatravels, thanks for the response. I absolutely AM fine dining alone - having done 3 other solo cruises, I've had many breakfasts and lunches solo and am completely fine with that - no breakdowns here! :) I just prefer to converse and mingle at dinner time when possible.

Denatravels, thanks for the response. I absolutely AM fine dining alone - having done 3 other solo cruises, I've had many breakfasts and lunches solo and am completely fine with that - no breakdowns here! :) I just prefer to converse and mingle at dinner time when possible.

On anthem I think you may be best doing DD Classic and hope for a good table. NCL was really nice for this because you had the option of joining the group every night.

I agree about NCL! I didn't stay in a studio, but I met such fabulous people on the first night and we planned out most of our dinners for the week right then and there. It was very nice to have some familiar faces. I felt like I was with a group of friends rather than sailing solo!

Too bad NCLs prices seem to have skyrocketed for solos - and the US pricing is awful for us Canadians and our weak dollar!