Alaska July 2017 Sold Out?

TRadle

Is it possible that a sailing for July 2017 could be sold out already? We have friends trying to book today on the sailing we are on and everything except inside cabins are saying "oops, we don't seem to have anything available" and then to try back later.

Is this a glitch, change in pricing, Christmas holiday?

Anyone looking at the Celebrity website to decide anything is wasting their time. Info there is often wrong. Take a look at a big box TA to see what is open or pick up the phone.

Do note that when you are out 18 months or more there are many cruises where all or certain categories of cabins are not released. Also a group can come in and put a hold on all say Veranda cabins for a time.

Is it possible that a sailing for July 2017 could be sold out already? We have friends trying to book today on the sailing we are on and everything except inside cabins are saying "oops, we don't seem to have anything available" and then to try back later.

I think there are plenty of cabins left. Just call Celebrity, people here can only provide opinions, talk to the people who have the facts

I had the same issue/message with two 2018 sailings that could not possibly be sold out. I assumed it was an issue with the new deployments and how the inventory was being pulled back. Sure enough...a few days later it worked fine...so keep trying.

I booked 3 cabins on the Celebrity website 2 weeks ago with no issues and the prices and details were identical to the big box travel agencies. Last time I booked with a TA I was charged left and right for every change and price drop. I am keeping control of this booking 18 months out!

I'm hoping the cruise line is doing something with the sailing. I sure hope it is not being pulled for a charter or something!

Have they tried calling or chat feature at the web site?

I think there are plenty of cabins left. Just call Celebrity, people here can only provide opinions, talk to the people who have the facts

We did both the chat and the phone call. What was odd was that the booking jumped from July 21, 2017 to June 2016 both online and with the person. Man, you've got to pay attention!

I doubt it but have them call.