Which ruina? Costa Maus or Cozumel?

ELA

We are found in March on NCL Star with two 12 yo girls and I have no ideas which ruins to go to and how to make sir the kids get most out of it.

Which are the better running ruins to see? Is getting there a factor? Which has better tours? and which has a better alternative for family friendly activity once we settle on ruins for the other one?

Thanks!

Ela

We are found in March on NCL Star with two 12 yo girls and I have no ideas which ruins to go to and how to make sir the kids get most out of it.

Which are the better running ruins to see? Is getting there a factor? Which has better tours? and which has a better alternative for family friendly activity once we settle on ruins for the other one?

Thanks!

Ela

The ruins actually on Cozumel are very small and whilst enjoyable and can easily be combined with beach day they are certainly not " must do" or "top of the ranks". The more important ruins which can be visited eg Tulum are a full day excursion with a lot of mixed travel, including ferry to mainland and should only be attempted through the cruise line due to travel logistics and timing. There are lots if fun beach breaks available on Cozumel and Paradise Beach, Mr Sanchos or Playa Mia come highly recommended for that age group.

I haven't been to the ruins from Costa Maya but there is a company which comes highly recommended on the Costa Maya board which have been doing tours for years. I think they also offer some tours which combine with other locations Mayan lunch, beach break. Check out that forum for more information and reviews.

Thanks!

Ela

I highly recommend the tour to the ruins at Costa Maya. I used Native Choice who runs smaller, professionally lead tours. There offices are about 4 blocks from the cruise terminal.

My Dad and I went last January. We chose the tour that included time visiting and dining with a local Mayan Family. EXCELLENT!

Cozumel is much better poised for a family day on shore with lots of beach clubs, snorkeling, boating, etc.