Adventure OTS - is there a chefs table?

muffyn

did you have to pay for this when you booked it?

were all nights showing up on the cruise planner?

All days except day one were available. Paid for it at time of booking just like any specialty restaurant reservation or excursion.

--Lisa

• 2 months later...

just been able to post about my experience.

the chefs table was never offered online for a choice.

when we boarded the ship, it was right at the main dining room on deck 4. we reserved for the monday night. we were just asked what day we wanted & they said ok. ( we did notice it was NOT every night - it was held on the top floor of the dining room in a balcony tip-out area over the lower floors).. other people at our table, said they booked about 1 hour after us.

we also saw a table set up on the promenade for Giovanni's & chefs table ( plus they came around to all tables in dining room that night asking if anyone wanted reservations, which surprised me , since online had no availability for Giovanni's all week, <yes there was earlier>)

that said we were SO disappointed. the food was ok, one course was a disaster (fish you could not cut even with a knife) chef acknowledged there was a problem, he could not really say what happened, bad choice of that shipment.

I have seen better presentations in the other specialty restaurants. this had nothing more than all the wine you could drink, & the chef saying a few words about the food. & it took FOREVER. nothing casual long. got uncomfy LONG.

thats it, just meal. we did this , because my daughter said how they were treated like royalty on her last chefs table. ( NOT this ship) they had a special area (quiet secluded) with a tour of kitchen, & watched dishes prepared, special pre dinner appetizers, champagne etc.very special.

on this ship so not worth the price. next ship, i guess i will ask some more details on how they are handled.

Ugh...hope that was a fluke. I find a lot of this stuff varies cruise to cruise...even on the same ship. We are booked for chef's table for our aug 6 cruise. We paid 85 on the online reservations, which wetter available for every night. We just picked a night. Hoping giovannis is good, as we, booked that for one night too. We really wanted to cruise this summer, so I'm going to just plan on enjoying the ap and the ports, even if it is a bit overdue for that November drydock. Jane

The wife and I don't drink. Is it still worth it for the chefs table for the food or would it be a waste?

my opinion...

a big waste

if you are going after the refit, i think they might be adding a steak house??

i hope others chime in here why they think this would be worth it.

if you are going after the refit, i think they might be adding a steak house??

When is that? I know there's a different deck plan starting right around the time we go. It'd be great if there's more than just the one option!