Adventure OTS - is there a chefs table?

muffyn

Adventure of the Seas

DINING OPTIONS

Main Dining Room with complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner

More complimentary options including Windjammer Café, Jade Sushi and Asian-fusion cuisine, Café Promenade for coffee and pastries/snacks, and room service*

Casual dining and snacks at Johnny Rockets and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream*

*Late night service charge applies to room service orders between midnight and 5:00 a.m. Additional charges apply for specialty dining venues. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soda are charged separately and are offered at current bar menu prices.

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?br=R&shipCode=AD&shipName=Adventure+Of+The+Seas+++++++++#20vhQXPqYOpfkf4l.99

There was not a Chefs Table when we were on her in Feb 2015, We would have gladly booked it!

Edited by LilBlackDress

I called crown & anchor to see if we could reserve this before the cruise.

they insist there is NO chef's table on the Adventure

:confused:

Certainly didn't imagine the fabulous food and service we received. It takes place on the section in the main dining room where the piano used to be, away from all other guests

wow,,, so many different experiences!

can only find giovannis in cruise planner NOT the chef's table

on our last RCCL cruise , yea i did see in the main dining room a chef's table surrounded by curtains in the center of the room, but they only have it a couple nights during the cruise.

I have also heard of chefs tables on other cruises, that are right "IN" the kitchen,,,

my daughters last carnival cruise, her chef's table was just a special table in a specialty restaurant

mmm, guess more investigation is required!

so, called RCCL twice. 1st person said "no".

2nd person at least tried to investigate it,,,,,,,,,,,

she came back & said well I checked cruise critic (LOL) & they have both answers, yes & no.. ( yes, this thread <lol> ),

she says well we can't take cruise critic at 100% because she has read wrong information on there (here) many times, and even in THIS thread some say yes, some say no........ sheesh.

so her next step was to get her supervisor to send an email to the ship.

just thought is was soooo funny they check cruisecritic for some answers.

From what I have recently been told, every ship will now offer a Chef's Table....location depends on what area is available....it might only be one night of the cruise though. Apparently Miami is now enforcing a "fleetwide" Chef's Table "menu" and pricing and also enforcing a 10-14 person requirement. Some of the ships are only booking once you are onboard and from what I gather...whoever books first gets to choose which night with the understanding that it will be cancelled if they don't come up with enough folks (10-14).

she came back & said well I checked cruise critic (LOL) & they have both answers, yes & no.. ( yes, this thread <lol> ),

she says well we can't take cruise critic at 100% because she has read wrong information on there (here) many times, and even in THIS thread some say yes, some say no........ sheesh.

Dawn, when is your cruise? Not that we are doing Adventure anytime soon, but now I am curious of the results you find once on board!!

We were in a suite and I asked the concierge if there was a chefs table and I was told No...

It was not an option in my planner, the concierge said no, and RCI website says no...

Maybe they started running tests to see if it is wanted/needed on Adventure? Maybe they are doing it on A vs B itineraries. :confused::confused:

And this was a RCI rep?

My gosh...Remind me to never call them if I have a serious question. Clueless.

I'd LOVE to be able to do a Chef's Table for my 16 APR cruise! If anyone hears anything definitive, I'd appreciate a heads-up! I always like to reserve this sort of thing ahead of time. I hate the old "Oh, just show up somewhere on the ship and ask about it, I think they'll be able to sign you up" stuff. If it's available, let me book it! Why wouldn't they want to know ahead of time who's attending? It takes a lot of time and effort to prepare for those dinners.

We cruised AOS in September and could not book Chef's Table ahead of time online. We were able to book it at the specialty dining info area that was set up on embarkation day on the Promanade. I feel certain it will be available to book once you get on board.

got a call back from RCCL

they tell me yes there is a chef's table. he had emailed the ship.

but it is not in their booking system.

so not sure how others are able to book online ???!!! :confused::confused:

but he did not get the cost, or how many nights it was held. he just read off a blanket announcement of other pricing on other ships which varied from $65 to $95. & said it was held on all nights.

mmm I am not sure about that as I have seen other ships only have it a few nights (why?) and I read somewhere else on adventure it was only one night. :rolleyes:

Garavar, did you get to choose a night from all nights?

got a call back from RCCL

they tell me yes there is a chef's table. he had emailed the ship.

but it is not in their booking system.

so not sure how others are able to book online ???!!! :confused::confused:

but he did not get the cost, or how many nights it was held. he just read off a blanket announcement of other pricing on other ships which varied from $65 to $95. & said it was held on all nights.

mmm I am not sure about that as I have seen other ships only have it a few nights (why?) and I read somewhere else on adventure it was only one night. :rolleyes:

Garavar, did you get to choose a night from all nights?

To be honest I don't remember. I am President of my company and make decisions all day. So when I get on vacation, I just become a follower. My girlfriend decides everything we do.

I booked Chef's Table for my upcoming Adventure 1/16/16. It appeared available to book in my cruise planner about 2 weeks ago. It's on my calendar for 6:15-8:30 on night 7...$85 per person with wine pairings.

Lisa

did you have to pay for this when you booked it?

were all nights showing up on the cruise planner?