New beer on Carnival?

shellsd

Hey guys, I see Carnival says:

HOMEPORT LOCALLY BREWED BEERS

Carnival ships now offer an expansive selection of craft beers and microbrews with more than a dozen locally brewed beers from cities and states where our ships are homeported.

Craft beer continues to grow in popularity so we have expand our beverage menus to include an array of refreshing and satisfying beers from some of the top breweries in the country. This is in addition to Carnival's own private label draught beer, ThirstyFrog Red, which is available throughout the fleet.

Craft beers and microbrews are available on ships operating from the following homeports and cruising regions:

Galveston: Shiner Bock and Shiner Premium

New Orleans: Abita Amber and Abita Purple Haze

Florida: Tampa-brewed Cigar City Florida Cracker and Cigar City Invasion Pale Ale

Alaska: Alaskan Amber and Alaskan White

Hawaii: Bikini Blonde Lager and Mana Wheat beers from Maui Brewing Co.

Additional specialty beers from breweries in New York, California and Florida are scheduled to be added in the near future.

Any idea what those additional beers would be? Hope they are in place before my spring cruise!

Jai Alai would be welcomed for FL cruises. Bold City and Intuition out of Jacksonville have brews available in cans and on tap throughout the area. Most of the Miami craft breweries are still taps and growlers. Funky Buddha in FLL is bottling. But not sure if any of these FL breweries have reached a point where production could support supplying cruise ships. Sierra Nevada Pale is already on board some ships, so that could technically cover both coasts. Be nice to see Ballast Point on West Coast cruises.

Fingers crossed for Jai Alai

My husband would be thrilled to see Jail Alai by the time we cruise over Spring Break. I would LOVE to see Cigar City Maduro. Both are Cigar City cans, so could totally be possible :)

As a craft beer lover, I would love to see any local brew on board that was a porter or stout....we have enough lagers and pale ales on board already!

Jai Alai would be welcomed for FL cruises. Bold City and Intuition out of Jacksonville have brews available in cans and on tap throughout the area. Most of the Miami craft breweries are still taps and growlers. Funky Buddha in FLL is bottling. But not sure if any of these FL breweries have reached a point where production could support supplying cruise ships. Sierra Nevada Pale is already on board some ships, so that could technically cover both coasts. Be nice to see Ballast Point on West Coast cruises.

I would love to see Intuition!

My husband would be thrilled to see Jail Alai by the time we cruise over Spring Break. I would LOVE to see Cigar City Maduro. Both are Cigar City cans, so could totally be possible :)

As a craft beer lover, I would love to see any local brew on board that was a porter or stout....we have enough lagers and pale ales on board already!

I'm honestly surprised Maduro isn't already on there, but you're right there aren't enough porter/stout options. I'm assuming because they're usually associated with cold weather?

Shiner is a start for long standing local-ish for Galveston but so many more options from the Austin/Houston areas that provide much better choices. Pedernales, Thirsty Planet and St Arnold and Buffalo Bayou from Houston to name a few.

When I lived in Houston I drank St Arnold from almost day 1 of their first release. Just had Buffalo Bayou's Gingerbread Stout that a neighbor brought back from a recent trip.

I'd love to see a nice porter on a Florida ship, like Wyndwood's Pop's Porter. But you don't see heavy porters and stouts much in the Caribbean. It's a bit too hot temperature wise for them. Most local brews in the Caribbean are lighter lagers or pilsners. And even the Guinness brewed on the islands isn't the draft quality you might get in Dublin.

This is such a great idea specially for those who wish to try local instead of the usual.

Though how long I will say this dunno, cause my bf is a beer collector :( My whole kitchen cabinets are top lined with beers he has tried... I might have to find a way to have him avoid the bars lol

This is such a great idea specially for those who wish to try local instead of the usual.

Though how long I will say this dunno, cause my bf is a beer collector :( My whole kitchen cabinets are top lined with beers he has tried... I might have to find a way to have him avoid the bars lol

If by chance you're driving to Port Canaveral, just have him stop by my house and drop off a couple of sixers of Mad Tree IPAs, Galaxy High or PsycHOPathy will work. :D:D

And next year, the Magic will be out of PC so maybe you can try that ship for a change of pace.:)

Karbach beers out of Houston are good, I love the Mother In Lager....Also some great Dallas choices....Deep Ellum, Rahr, Lakewood, Peticolas, Community, etc. Love St. Arnold. I like Shiner ok, but hope they start to add more.

Shiner is a start for long standing local-ish for Galveston but so many more options from the Austin/Houston areas that provide much better choices. Pedernales, Thirsty Planet and St Arnold and Buffalo Bayou from Houston to name a few.

Do you think that Carnival will ever get craft beers on there ships ? They must have lager beer companies to keep up with all the ships . I have been on a cruise that we drank them out of Miller Light till the next port .:D . I hope that this is true I would love to have craft brew on the ships . I make beer and think it is way better beer then just ( normal beer ) . That sounds like a beer Snob to me and I am proud of this lol :cool:

Do you think that Carnival will ever get craft beers on there ships ? They must have lager beer companies to keep up with all the ships . I have been on a cruise that we drank them out of Miller Light till the next port .:D . I hope that this is true I would love to have craft brew on the ships . I make beer and think it is way better beer then just ( normal beer ) . That sounds like a beer Snob to me and I am proud of this lol :cool:

Read the posts. Already on board. Sam Adams (more a "midcro" than a micro brew these days), Sierra Nevada, Cigar City (on Florida ships).Just expanding.

Ommegang is the best beer out there!,,

I won't disagree after having both of their Game of Thrones ales over the holidays. The Dubbel was excellent. But we typically see Ommegang brews in large bottles in Florida. Not really conducive to ship borne sales.

I tried the Cigar City beer onboard and can't remember which one I had but I wasn't impressed. I like different kinds of beer...Leinenkughel's Helles Yeah is a favorite, love the Sam Adams Double Agent IPL ( hands down favorite) the Sam Adams Latitude 48..I love Pacifico beer...so I'm all over the map. I wish they'd get some brews with FLAVOR...I love trying new brews...I want more variety onboard..

With the agreement Carnival and Cigar City have I can't seem to understand why the ships don't carry Hopped on the High Seas which is a Caribbean style IPA.

Most likely its the brewing agreement between CC and Carnival. Not sure how much production goes into HotHS. Plus most nebbies to craft beer and some of us old fogies, aren't into all the overhoppiness permeating the craft brew world. Too bitter for those unaccustomed to the taste.

I tried the Cigar City beer onboard and can't remember which one I had but I wasn't impressed. I like different kinds of beer...Leinenkughel's Helles Yeah is a favorite, love the Sam Adams Double Agent IPL ( hands down favorite) the Sam Adams Latitude 48..I love Pacifico beer...so I'm all over the map. I wish they'd get some brews with FLAVOR...I love trying new brews...I want more variety onboard..

I'm going to say you probably tried the Florida Cracker. It's a Wheat. I'd assume Carnival went with that because of the name alone. And Invasion has that skull/pirate look about it. Few people would understand the connection with Jai Alai. And it's all about marketing.

Unfortunately CC retired one of my favorites Hotter N Helles which was very similar to Leinenkugel's. And a real nice light lager for hot months. They are regularly producing a Tampa Lager now.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/multiquote_on.gif

I love this beer , try to get to Cooperstown as often as posable

We live about 25 minutes from Ommegang and we refer to the place as our 2nd home.

To one other poster here they do have smaller bottles but they also have kegs and 1/4 kegs, we have gotten them for parties. Always a hit!:D

We live about 25 minutes from Ommegang and we refer to the place as our 2nd home.

To one other poster here they do have smaller bottles but they also have kegs and 1/4 kegs, we have gotten them for parties. Always a hit!:D

We visited the brewery last week for the second time, it's great. The half hour tasting turned into almost an hour and they cracked open several bottles to try on top of the 6 samples on draft.

Crewsweeper you are indeed correct now that I think back on it...It was the Florida Cracker...yep no flavor..I think if I'm not mistaken they had one other type beer but since the first one was no good I didn't try the second..

The other one was the Invasion Pale Ale.