Question about Johnny Rockets

We have a couple of them here in Cincinnati, so the only reason we went on the ship was that we could eat all we want. Like another poster mentioned, after the fries and onion rings, plus burgers, plus dessert, we were way too full to order anything else!

Charge for soft drinks is the same at JRs as elsewhere on the ship. If I remember correctly it is $1.50 plus 15% gratuity. Don't believe there are free refills.

They do not honor the soda sticker. If you have a soda sticker you can bring your drink in with you. Some might tell you they do honor it but the policy is they do not honor it.

Charge for soft drinks is the same at JRs as elsewhere on the ship. If I remember correctly it is $1.50 plus 15% gratuity. Don't believe there are free refills.

They do not honor the soda sticker. If you have a soda sticker you can bring your drink in with you. Some might tell you they do honor it but the policy is they do not honor it.

I am going to ry them next week. I am curious what all the fuss is about. I just cannot justify cheese or chili fries tho. I cannot imagine the calories in those things. The boys will chow down for sure. My eldest is pretty sure Hamburgers are manna.

I am actually not quite sure what all the fuss is about with JR. We have them all over here in L.A. and I won't eat at them. They are just not that good, and in my opinion, there is just nothing special about them. Especially since their is an additional charge for JR. You can get the same thing at the grill on the pool deck. If you want to try a truly amazing hamburger, try In & OUt Burger. Although you will have to come to California or I think there is one in Las Vegas now. If RCCL ships had In & Out, them I would say it is worth it. Otherwise, save your few bucks for a drink.

I think I remember seeing cherry coke on the menu. It is not free, but usually $1.50 plus tip.

I don't like the burgers. The fries are okay. Same as Windjammer IMO. Burgers taste like Windjammer burgers too.

I usually get grilled ham and cheese and apple pie. Also a chocolate milkshake unless the have the mocha shake. VERY good!

Kinda off topic:

We once were sitting at the bar in JR's next to the phone. This was before the surcharge and the place was mobbed.

The phone rang.

The girl next to it went white.

She stared at it while someone else said "Pick it up!"

She said "You pick it up."

"No...you."

Finally one of them picked it up and said "Yes Captain what can we get you?"

I was laughing.

The Captain wanted Burgers and fries delivered. She told him the food was no problems but he would have to send someone to pick it up because they were way too busy. I was impressed that the passengers came before the Captain that day.

Bobbie

I am actually not quite sure what all the fuss is about with JR. We have them all over here in L.A. and I won't eat at them. They are just not that good, and in my opinion, there is just nothing special about them. Especially since their is an additional charge for JR. You can get the same thing at the grill on the pool deck. If you want to try a truly amazing hamburger, try In & OUt Burger. Although you will have to come to California or I think there is one in Las Vegas now. If RCCL ships had In & Out, them I would say it is worth it. Otherwise, save your few bucks for a drink.

Actually, there are 10 In N Out Burgers in Arizona, a bit too greasy for us.

###

Actually, there are 10 In N Out Burgers in Arizona, a bit too greasy for us.

###

Boy they really seem to be expanding. They have been here in L.A. forever. I used to go as a kid. They were just a local hamburger joint that swore they would never expand. But since most of the family died in a plane crash, they have been opening everywhere. If your are greasy, then they are not making them right. They only use 100% vegetable oil and make everything fresh. Never had a really greasy one. Johnny Rockets on the otherhand...that is a heartattack on a plate.

[quote name='bobbie0253']I think I remember seeing cherry coke on the menu. It is not free, but usually $1.50 plus tip.

I don't like the burgers. The fries are okay. Same as Windjammer IMO. Burgers taste like Windjammer burgers too.

I usually get grilled ham and cheese and apple pie. Also a chocolate milkshake unless the have the mocha shake. VERY good!

Kinda off topic:

We once were sitting at the bar in JR's next to the phone. This was before the surcharge and the place was mobbed.
The phone rang.
The girl next to it went white.
She stared at it while someone else said "Pick it up!"
She said "You pick it up."
"No...you."
Finally one of them picked it up and said "Yes Captain what can we get you?"

I was laughing.

The Captain wanted Burgers and fries delivered. She told him the food was no problems but he would have to send someone to pick it up because they were way too busy. I was impressed that the passengers came before the Captain that day.

Bobbie[/QUOTE]

LOL that they refused to deliver the Captain's food to him. Maybe he's a poor tipper? ;)

Sorry you guys have had bad experiences with the food at JR. I worked there as a teenager and was impressed to learn that, unlike fast food places, they don't cook ANYTHING until you order it - except for fries and chili (at least in Indianapolis). Buns were toasted as needed. The patties were formed by hand on a daily basis, each weighed out at 5 ounces (3 for a kid's burger). Veggies were sliced or chopped every morning (except for the pickles, which came pre-sliced). It's been almost 10 years though, and I don't know if maybe they do things differently on the ship.

I will certainly be going at least once, and getting chili fries with cheese (no onions!), onion rings, and a burger with cheese, bacon, AND grilled onions. (I only like to eat onions when they're cooked - can't stand 'em raw). Mmmmmmmmm. If I've got room left, I'll have some dessert.

They used Ghiradelli hot fudge for the hot fudge sundaes back in my day, and we used to eat it straight, or maybe with some toasted almonds on top. The manager always yelled at us, because it cost something like $35 a gallon!! Good times.

Archived