Charter recommendations for large group to the baths

funredhead

We are a fairly large group(20 to 30 people) visiting Tortola in February. Our group would like to go to the baths. My husband and I have previously done this on our own successfully. So, we know about using the ferries.

My question is whether or not it would be cost effective to do a private charter? Which operators would be recommended? And your thoughts on doing this way vs. via ferry.

Our ship is arriving on a Wednesday which alters using only speedy's. We are in port from 8-5.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I believe Joe (Patouche) has a maximum of 20 passengers, so you may be able to get 20 together IF he hasn't booked anyone else that day. But yes contact him as that may have changed.

20 - 30 people is a large group to manage for an excursion like that. Perhaps 1/2 of the group could go to Spring Bay or Savannah Bay while the other 1/2 goes to the Baths just to minimize the impact at the Baths...just a thought. Joe will work with you on the timing and ensure you get back on time.

I always recommend a lunch at the Mineshaft Cafe near the mine or Baths & Turtle in Spanishtown if time allows, just to experience another part of VG. But I'm afraid they wouldn't be able to handle such a large group at once unless you had Joe call ahead.

But hope it works out for you!

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to reach Joe. He seems like a great guy! He can accommodate my group. BUT... We have to take a taxi bus over to east end. This is a concern for many of the people I'm traveling with. Can you tell me about this drive? With the recent crash we are nervous.

If you are taking a taxi from the cruise pier (or even from West End) to their dock in Harbour View Marina on the East End the drive is mainly flat and not over the steeper mountain so no worries. The ride there and back shouldn't be a problem for anyone.