Conflicting Port times?

zabnee

Anyone else ever experience this problem?

We are on the Feb 13th sailing for the Carnival Glory. According to my itinerary, we should be in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands from 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM

Accouridng to the Port Authority of the Cayman Islands, the Carnival Glory is set to be in port from 10:00AM and to 6:00PM.

Cayman Islands follow Eastern time, not changing time for daylight savings, so that isn't the reason for the conflicting information.

Sure wish it would get straightened out, since most 3rd party tour operators won't book us, because 'we arrive too late', according to their port authority!

I fully understand your frustration but I don't think this board can answer your concerns. Best bet...contact Carnival directly until you get clarification.

Tried that, still getting nowhere. I'm not really looking for a solution from here, just if anyone has ever actually been through it themselves. Fully aware that no reoslution will come from CC. Chances are, we'll end up not booking anything until the last minute, or at all, and just seeing what the day brings.

Tried that, still getting nowhere. I'm not really looking for a solution from here, just if anyone has ever actually been through it themselves. Fully aware that no reoslution will come from CC. Chances are, we'll end up not booking anything until the last minute, or at all, and just seeing what the day brings.

Not sure if you have or not, but I would try Social Media to get an answer. I've found that many times companies are a wee bit quicker to answer your questions when they are in black and white...and they can show proof that they've fixed your problem/answered your question...Facebook or Twitter work wonders!!

Good luck!

From past experience Carnival is not going to be much help. If you're on a seven day or shorter cruise you are normally going to stay on your departure port time. However daylight saving time may be your enemy.

We typically sail from Galveston, normally Cozumel would use DST but this year they decided not to, so on a Roatan - Belize - Cozumel cruise we will be on the same time in the first two ports and off by an hour in Cozumel. I sometimes think that Carnival does this so you can't book private tours because of the possibility of not being on time.

Don't even bother asking Guest Services, they really don't have a clue. I have had the wrong information so many times that now I just laugh at them as I walk by.

World Clock can sometimes be a great help, you can put in the date you will be in a particular destination and they can show you the difference between departure port and arrival port time. It will at least help you figure out if you may be safer with an overcrowded ship excursion (ugh).

January's cruise I have 2 private dive trips and in Coz I have to use the ships cattle boat because all the dive excursions leave before we get into port.

On longer cruises they will change time but don't expect to find a schedule of when and where they will do it, although on our last trip from Galveston to San Juan and back to Galveston they did keep us on local time at every port which was a great relief. Never missed a private excursion.

You can take a cab to one of the beach clubs along 7-Mile Beach. Or, you could find a tour operator out along the pier, or even at their nearby offices, that are offering something that you want to do. If you're interested in stingrays & snorkeling, you'll probably be able to find someone offering that.

We are having a similar issue, though not as drastic. The Grand Cayman port says the same hours as the ship, but the ship is on central time. So we are suppose to meet our tour operator at 8:30 because they think we will there by 7am. But it will actually be 8am local time, which means we have 30 minutes to tender in and walk a few blocks away from the port to the meeting place. Should be interesting. We do have FTTF, so not impossible but it will be close.

However daylight saving time may be your enemy.

OP says that it's not because of Daylight Savings Time, and if you look at the two different times OP gives, you can see for yourself that it wouldn't be because of DST. Not only that, but DST doesn't start until sometime in March (the end of the month?), and OP is sailing in February.

Thanks for everyone's input, glad to know this isn't the first time it's happened. my TA does have an excursion I can book for what I want, so if it comes down to it I can book with her and skip the ship tours.

I'm thinking, since our itinerary got reversed a few months ago, that not all the info got shuffled off to the port authority, causing the misinformation.

Oh well, at least I'll be cruising! :D

Thanks for everyone's input, glad to know this isn't the first time it's happened. my TA does have an excursion I can book for what I want, so if it comes down to it I can book with her and skip the ship tours.

I'm thinking, since our itinerary got reversed a few months ago, that not all the info got shuffled off to the port authority, causing the misinformation.

Oh well, at least I'll be cruising! :D

I'm thinking that CCL wanted a certain time and the port authority told them it wasn't available. I would rely on the port authority instead of CCL for times.