Celebrity Constellation - Not Impressed with cabin assignment

JRYMCMB

Thanks again guys, question....how high above sea level is Deck 2 ? Her new panic is that the window will be too close to the water. Such nonsense, lol

sorry...but you should know that if the ship is in a heavy sea, you may see water come over your window. We have seen it reach deck 3. If the cruise is calm (and 90% are), there will not be any issue...

If it happens, just point out how lucky you are to have it included in your cruise fare as an extra bonus at no additional cost because other passengers pay big bucks to take those submarine and scuba excursions. ;)

Thanks again guys, question....how high above sea level is Deck 2 ? Her new panic is that the window will be too close to the water. Such nonsense, lol

If I recall correctly tenders leave from deck 1 on the Constellation so your are not that close to the water.

sorry...but you should know that if the ship is in a heavy sea, you may see water come over your window. We have seen it reach deck 3. If the cruise is calm (and 90% are), there will not be any issue...

By "you may see water come over your window," you just mean splashing or spraying against the window and not covering the window like being in a submarine, right? We have had low deck cabins (equivalent of deck 2 but deck 4 on Century-class), and the waves only sprayed against the windows in rough seas and never covered it. :confused:

Should the seas be rough, it is more stable and less motion to be on a low deck and close to mid-ship, such as is the case with 2176 on Connie. The stability on the lower decks is a selling point and a preference for many passengers, especially if suffering from any seasickness.

So I booked an GTY on the Celebrity Constellation and was assigned cabin number 2176 on Deck 2, anyone have any experience with this cabin/deck as far as noise and quality ? I am a very light sleeper and have been on ships on the bottom deck and could hear the fire doors opening and closing, does anyone know if deck 2 has any noise issues ? I'm debating on whether I should call Celebrity and complain in hopes to have the cabin moved.

Thanks !

Reads like you should spend more and not book a 'GTY' You were given what you asked and payed for.

By "you may see water come over your window," you just mean splashing or spraying against the window and not covering the window like being in a submarine, right? We have had low deck cabins (equivalent of deck 2 but deck 4 on Century-class), and the waves only sprayed against the windows in rough seas and never covered it. :confused:

Should the seas be rough, it is more stable and less motion to be on a low deck and close to mid-ship, such as is the case with 2176 on Connie. The stability on the lower decks is a selling point and a preference for many passengers, especially if suffering from any seasickness.

Yeah I meant splashing. I told her there is absolutely no way the window would be submerged or even close to that. I used to work on the Pacific Dawn and bad a crew cabin that was on deck 2 and the water was at least a storey or two below the window

Yeah I meant splashing. I told her there is absolutely no way the window would be submerged or even close to that. I used to work on the Pacific Dawn and bad a crew cabin that was on deck 2 and the water was at least a storey or two below the window

If the water covers the window with waves, it would be a major storm and there would be other bigger issues... During Hurricane Sandy we had seas like that, but that is rare. We actually had waves coming over deck 4.

We sailed on the Summit last year (same configuration I think) and were in room 2200 with friends in 2176. Both rooms very quiet despite 2200 being next to crew door. In fact we have booked on Connie in October and went for 2200 again because it was so quiet and convenient to stair/lifts.

Enjoy your cruise...

No meeting rooms on deck 3 any more -- port side is a restaurant and starboard is a strip of new cabins. I don't know if the attached screen shot will be visible, but you can see the decks side-by-side on cruisedeckplans.com

The meeting rooms are still on deck 3 of the M-class ships, but now located in the center,

(between the restaurant on the port side and the new cabins on the starboard side, right before the aft elevators).

That was one of the changes made to the M-class ships when they were "Solsticized" a few years ago, and some passengers don't even realize they are there.

The next time you are near the Shore Excursions desk on deck 3 of one of the M-class ships, if you continue walking straight back down the starboard side hallway heading aft, you will find them.

Your cabin is in a good location, mid ship. We were in an outside forward on one cruise and loved it, with the exception of the first night. With each breaking wave their was a huge "THUMP". It sounded like someone was dropping a piano over our heads all night long, so forward low cabins can be a gamble.

We did love the ocean view as we were able to witness dolphins jumping by the window and birds flying along our window. It was a nature show. As far as waves, yes they can rise to window level, but it was fabulous. Some of our best cabin stewards have been in those lower cabins.

You can switch to any cabin within your assigned category, but I wouldn't, given your location. You can also ask to get put back into the guarantee pool and gamble for a higher category. I did this five times on one cruise. Once we also asked the concierge at the cruise terminal what upgrades were available. They are rock bottom on the day of the cruise. We could go from an inside to a suite for a total of $500.

We always book a guarantee, so don't be put off by comments to pay more to get the cabin you want. To us, a cabin is a cabin.

Your cabin is in a good location, mid ship. We were in an outside forward on one cruise and loved it, with the exception of the first night. With each breaking wave their was a huge "THUMP". It sounded like someone was dropping a piano over our heads all night long, so forward low cabins can be a gamble.

We did love the ocean view as we were able to witness dolphins jumping by the window and birds flying along our window. It was a nature show. As far as waves, yes they can rise to window level, but it was fabulous. Some of our best cabin stewards have been in those lower cabins.

You can switch to any cabin within your assigned category, but I wouldn't, given your location. You can also ask to get put back into the guarantee pool and gamble for a higher category. I did this five times on one cruise. Once we also asked the concierge at the cruise terminal what upgrades were available. They are rock bottom on the day of the cruise. We could go from an inside to a suite for a total of $500.

We always book a guarantee, so don't be put off by comments to pay more to get the cabin you want. To us, a cabin is a cabin.

Thanks ! :) I'm so excited for Monday !!!

• 2 weeks later...
So I booked an GTY on the Celebrity Constellation and was assigned cabin number 2176 on Deck 2, anyone have any experience with this cabin/deck as far as noise and quality ? I am a very light sleeper and have been on ships on the bottom deck and could hear the fire doors opening and closing, does anyone know if deck 2 has any noise issues ? I'm debating on whether I should call Celebrity and complain in hopes to have the cabin moved.

Thanks !

Your cabin is close to being beneath the Conference Center, but a bit away from elevator noise.