alaska, inside or partial obstructed

righthand1

Alaska is a one of a kind cruise. If at all possible go to a balcony room. We were there last year and we had eagles flying in front of our balcony, whales swimming by and a bear on the beach. All seen from the balcony. I'm afraid you would miss a lot trying to see on the deck due to so many people. You are in for a wonderful cruise. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

I did AK in 2014 and 2015. We had balconies both times and if there is any way you can get one it will be worth it. I was injured the first year and spent a lot of time laying on the bed and at least I could see out. But my husband was able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the sights when I was not able to . In your case, the kids could be playing in the cabin while the adults are enjoying the balcony.

In answer to your question though, I would just stay in the inside cabin rather than move to the outside. As another poster said, you would be viewing the scenery from the outside decks. They can be crowded and cold. This year it was so foggy by the time we got up to the glacier and it felt freezing to this FL girl. Be sure to take warm clothes. Another reason to stay in the inside is that the sun rises early and sets late. Like 4 AM early and I don't think you want your kids waking up then and they may see the light in the OV.

Alaska is a trip of the lifetime so enjoy! What ever you choose will be awesome! And plan for anything, we wore shorts one year in Ketchikan and sweatshirts and froze the next!

IMHO I would suggest inside, you should be able to see outdoors when needed via TV link.

Unless NCL has changed something the only camera that transmits a live video

feed and displays it on the in house/cabin TV is the bow camera which is in a

fixed direction facing forward.

Even with the new flat screen TVs the quality of the picture leaves much to be

desired with today's video gear cameras and TV monitors !