New to Cruising/Carnival Pride

ctsharpie05

I wouldn't risk it what if your flight is delayed or cancelled? You'd miss the ship

Everyone has a diff opinion but we always go in the day before just in case

I totally agree with this. Go earlier or the day before. I always want to be onboard for lunch anyway.

We stayed at the Best Western at Arundel Mills, Md booked through Trinity Travel. It was quiet and clean and had a nice pub on the site. It wasn't fancy but met our needs. It has a great shuttle service to and from the airport and cruise port which is only about 15 minutes away. I would definitely recommend this hotel and coming into Baltimore the night before the cruise so you can relax and let them get you back and forth to where you need to be.

One thing I'd like to recommend is the towel animal display. Ask your cabin steward when they'll do the display. It's usually done the day before debarkation, but not always.

The stewards set up all different towel animals in the main pool area early in the morning. They're on the loungers, stage, in the pool, all over, and it's really a sight to see. The entire family will enjoy it.

Be sure to bring your camera.

If you read Mitsugirly's review, she has info about the hotel they stayed in, and their shuttle info.

If you look above these threads, you will see the names of the various ships. Click on the Carnival Pride and you will find many reviews of the Pride. There are lots of very good reviews there. Just click and read away.

I just posted my review from our 11-15-15 cruise. I do have some photos included, but none of the children's areas. You can click on my review at the bottom of my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

If (judging by your name) you're from CT, have you considered driving? We're from CT and have been on the Pride twice, the first time we drove (leaving EARLY--around 4:00 a.m.), and it only took 5 1/2 hours. The parking at Baltimore is very organized and only $10 a day (New York is $40). If you'd rather do it the relaxed way, there are many motels nearby that will shuttle you to and from the ship-if you choose one near the inner harbor you'll have a ball the day before. Most of these same motels will shuttle you from the airport and to/from the ship, we'll usually look up the hotels by Googling, "hotels park and fly" to find sites. I'll leave a link to our last Pride cruise --- we got a suite only because we brought our 12 year old granddaughter along and it gave her more privacy. Enjoy!

2015 PRIDE cruise

Cruising the Pride in February and wondering if anyone has done a day pass at one of the resorts? We are looking at going to the Melia Resort.

We did the British Colonial Hilton. It's easily walking distance from the ship. I want to say it was $65pp but $45 of that was a food voucher. We sat under a very nice palapa on the beach and the waiter came out very frequently to take our food and drink orders. The beach is small but nice and there's a pool you can use, as well as changing rooms/showers. We spent a few hours relaxing there before striking out to visit Watling's Rum distillery and Graycliff cigar factory (both walking distance from the port).

We did the British Colonial Hilton. It's easily walking distance from the ship. I want to say it was $65pp but $45 of that was a food voucher. We sat under a very nice palapa on the beach and the waiter came out very frequently to take our food and drink orders. The beach is small but nice and there's a pool you can use, as well as changing rooms/showers. We spent a few hours relaxing there before striking out to visit Watling's Rum distillery and Graycliff cigar factory (both walking distance from the port).

Thank you. After reading this and other reviews, we think the Colonial is the one for us too!

We also did the British Colonial Hilton. It was quiet and peaceful and a great day if you are wanting just a small beach. The hotel is nice, and there are no vendors asking you to buy things. If you want convenience (easy walking from the port) as well as peace, you can't beat the deal. The Bahama Mamas were good too which can be paid with using the food voucher. The water is calm and clear and there is a nice pool you can use if you want. The cost also includes beach towels.

Hello! I am in the early stages of planning a Bahamas trip on Carnival's Pride. My hubby and I will be taking our children who are 10 and 7. Please show me pictures of the ship and tell me everything I need to know (or post links). I am a newbie to cruising an know next to nothing.

I have a HUGE review with TONS of pictures listed in my signature line if you are interested. We were on the Pride back in April. :)

A few quick things:

• When you get off the ship at the ports make sure you bring your Sail-n-Sign card and ID.

Something my husband and I have been debating (we debated it on the other cruise we were on as well and never came to a conclusion) is it necessary to carry along your passport(s) with your ID when you get off the ship in the different ports? He has the idea that we should take them with us every time we leave the ship (he has his reasons - he's slightly paranoid, there are too many to list, lol).

Also, he was wondering about the Pizza place (not sure what its name is). There is pizza on the new room service menus that you can get for an extra fee. The question he had is does anyone know what hours the Pizza Place is open - is it 24 hrs or does it have a closing time?

Something my husband and I have been debating (we debated it on the other cruise we were on as well and never came to a conclusion) is it necessary to carry along your passport(s) with your ID when you get off the ship in the different ports? He has the idea that we should take them with us every time we leave the ship (he has his reasons - he's slightly paranoid, there are too many to list, lol).

QUOTE]

Oh, my goodness .... you just brought up a highly debated HOT TOPIC, about carrying passports off the ship. There are DEF "Two camps"

I'm part of the camp that believes that you should ALWAYS carry your passport with you when you are not in the continental US - When travelling in Europe, I would never DREAM of leaving my passport in the hotel safe, why would I do it on a cruise ship?

Passports are meant for ID and with all the new "chip" technology in them, a "photocopy" will do you no good, in fact a friend of mine was literally laughed at when he presented a photocopy to a police officer in Cozumel last year.

Can it be stolen? sure. But so can my iPhone, and I still carry that with me everywhere I go. I'm just careful with it.

So my vote will always be to take your passport when you are not in the United States. If you are in a situation where you need it, or miss the boat for some reason and get stranded on the island, it will do you no good in your cabin. So my vote is KEEP IT WITH YOU, that's what you got it for. :)

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude :)

PS - I sail on the Pride on 2/20/16 - first time on that ship, can't wait!

Since I have never cruised I wanted to run my cost by you and see if it is reasonable:

1 stateroom w/ a balcony (8th level).

7 day cruise from Baltimore

Ports are Cape Canaveral, Nassau, Freemont

2 kids and 2 adults

Cruise is $4000

RT flight is $1000

Those prices are about right. Especially for Spring Break when the ships fill up.

Tip: NEVER ask a group for pricing info. There will ALWAYS be people who reply by telling you what a great deal THEY got. How the heck does that help you? I hate that and don't know why people do it. :rolleyes:

You are doing a great job asking questions!!! This my help about where to stay and getting to the airport. Other posters may have a specific hotel they have had good experiences at. We haven't used this but I have heard it's great! We live only a couple of hours from the port of Baltimore so we just get up real early and drive.

https://hotelnparking.com/BaltimoreCruiseportHotelParking

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Those prices are about right. Especially for Spring Break when the ships fill up.

Tip: NEVER ask a group for pricing info. There will ALWAYS be people who reply by telling you what a great deal THEY got. How the heck does that help you? I hate that and don't know why people do it. :rolleyes:

FYI it did help me and I ended up paying $1600 instead of $4000.