Interesting e-cigarette perspective

tserface

We've a few discussions about e-cigarettes here over the past couple of years and I happened upon this article this morning that I thought was a new perspective. It doesn't specifically address 2nd hand "vapor", but it seems likely that some of the harm done to the smoker could be passed on. I've been on a few cruises where I see people using these in lounges and about (usually discretely) and I'd guess they don't think there's any harm, but there might be.

I'm not endorsing this article... just passing it along since it wasn't something I hadn't heard before.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/12/09/study-links-e-cigarettes-to-incurable-disease-called-popcorn-lu/21281029/

Tom

Interesting link and read. Vaping may (?) be considered better than smoking but it appears by this article the side effects are starting to surface.

Even though I never smoked I will always support someone who is trying to quit. I can't fathom how difficult it would be to do. For anyone out there thinking about it in the new year I wish you the best of luck.

Edit: it is interesting that they called it popcorn lung. We miss just need some popcorn for this thread.

Edited by A&L_Ont

As an avid vapor and ex-smoker, I know the truth about this article.

If one were to read the entire article and the associated paper with it, you would see that it actually proves ecigs to be safer.

The chemicals in question that are known to cause popcorn lung are at levels 100 times higher in traditional cigarettes. Further more, no one has even gotten "popcorn lung" from smoking. Some time ago 8 people in a popcorn factory got popcorn lung from inhaling the artificial butter flavoring in mass quantities.

Yes, there are some chemicals in the flavors that probably deserve some scrutiny, but almost 2 years later, and I can breath better, taste and smell better, and my doctor can tell the difference in my health as well.

As always, consumer beware.