New York Port cruise & park hotel???

tinadago

Hi. We are on the Gem out of New York on the 1st of Feb. Looking for a deal where we can keep our vehicle at the hotel while on our cruise at a minimal fee/free (10 nights)...Any ideas.

Thank you.

Tina

No park and cruise hotels in Manhattan. Hilton Gardens in Ridgefield, NJ has a park/cruise package for about $280 tax included that offers a hotel room, parking, and round trip Manhattan cruiseport transportation.

No park and cruise hotels in Manhattan. Hilton Gardens in Ridgefield, NJ has a park/cruise package for about $280 tax included that offers a hotel room, parking, and round trip Manhattan cruiseport transportation.

It seems like a great deal, with the cruiseport transportation and the parking. The only problem is it's had a couple of bedbug incidents. One was in July 2015. Otherwise I would be all over that deal :)

It seems like a great deal, with the cruiseport transportation and the parking. The only problem is it's had a couple of bedbug incidents. One was in July 2015. Otherwise I would be all over that deal :)

I think you'd be hard pressed to google any hotel in the NY metro area that never had a bedbug report!

We are also looking for hotel and parking Tina. We are also on the Gem Feb 1st.

:)

Where are you driving in from? What is your budget?

Basically there are two strategies. Book one if the limited number of park/sleep options in NJ or book a less expensive hotel in the burbs within an hour of NYC and park at the pier or at one of the off site options mentioned by other posters.

We are coming from Bangor Maine area (actually Canada) but figured you would know Bangor better. We could stay outside of the area and then drive in during the morning but not familiar with the area and driving around NY, so not sure where to stay or how much time we would need to get around. Also, if there were hotels that are outside the area that have park and stay?

We are coming from Bangor Maine area (actually Canada) but figured you would know Bangor better. We could stay outside of the area and then drive in during the morning but not familiar with the area and driving around NY, so not sure where to stay or how much time we would need to get around. Also, if there were hotels that are outside the area that have park and stay?

That's a long way. Parking at the port is $400 for a 10 day cruise. What is your hotel budget? The Hilton Garden is in NJ not far from the George Washington Bridge. Are you doing the trip from Maine/Canada in one day? Do you have a plan B in case of snow?

Once you decide on your plans, I can provide the driving directions through NY City.

We haven't decided if we will drive it all in one day but I'm thinking not. We will leave on the 30th and overnight maybe in New Hampshire and then hopefully closer to the pier. $150 or cheaper for hotel if possible. We won't be parking at the pier for $40/day, that is beyond our budget. We have looked into Valet Anywhere for $220 10days.

We haven't decided if we will drive it all in one day but I'm thinking not. We will leave on the 30th and overnight maybe in New Hampshire and then hopefully closer to the pier. $150 or cheaper for hotel if possible. We won't be parking at the pier for $40/day, that is beyond our budget. We have looked into Valet Anywhere for $220 10days.

I'd be looking in the Stamford/Norwalk area of Connecticut. Are you willing to prepay the hotel? Take a look at some of the offerings. We have stayed at many hotels in that area for family events. Post back with some names.

From there you would want to leave about 9 am to arrive at the port about 10 am. Here are some directions from southern Connecticut.

From I95 there is a cutover to the Merritt at Milford CT exit 38. At Rye NY there is another cutover to the Hutchinson River Parkway South exit 21 immediately after exit 1 in CT. This cutover is a bit longer than the one at Milford and involves getting off onto I287 West and following the signs to the Merritt/Hutch. You get off onto a service road, go through a few lights and take the turn for the Hutch south.

The Merritt Pkwy becomes the Hutchinson River Pkwy at the NY/CT line. From the Hutch take exit 15 in New Rochelle to get on the Cross County Pkwy. Stay in the middle left lane, which will become the left lane when the road "scrunches". This leads onto the Saw Mill River Pkwy South which becomes the Henry Hudson Pkwy at the NYC line ($5 toll - if no EZPass they will bill you in the mail and you need to pay it!). Stay on the Henry Hudson to where it ends at the Manhattan Cruiseport. The toll is worth every penny.

The are no trucks on this route and you will avoid any traffic issues on the Cross Bronx Expressway or the intersection with I87.

Ok, I found a hotel in NJ for $140 which includes parking but no shuttle to the cruiseport. Can anyone tell me approx what a taxi would cost a family of 3 to the cruiseport from 901 Spring St, NJ.? I tried to google it but it doesn't say if the amount is per person or not. Thanks!

I have done a bit of research on this and found The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge. It is just west of the GWB. If you stay with them, you can park your car there for the cruise. Taxi over to the port for about $60.....

Good luck.

ps

We are sailing on the Breakaway April 3rd. :D

Ok, I found a hotel in NJ for $140 which includes parking but no shuttle to the cruiseport. Can anyone tell me approx what a taxi would cost a family of 3 to the cruiseport from 901 Spring St, NJ.? I tried to google it but it doesn't say if the amount is per person or not. Thanks!

It will cost you at least $80 each way plus another $7.20 in NJ Turnpike tolls. Couldn't find the park/cruise offer for the Hilton in Ft. Lee, but the Hilton Gardens in Ridgefield Park is still available.

You're coming from Canada, so staying near the George Washington Bridge is more convenient for the Manhatran Cruise Port. You do NOT want to stay at a Newark Airport hotel like the Criwne Plaza and pay the car service charges from there.

Crap! I didn't see your comments til after I booked the Crowne Plaza! Just my luck! I'll lose a $35 deposit if I cancel it now. Should I still cancel? Would it be worth it? What would you do?

Don't know what to tell you.

Give me more details. Did you book it direct or through one of the park sleeps? How are you planning to get to Manhattan and what will it cost each way? Remind me - what is your exact date?

We are coming from Canada/Bangor, Maine way. We are going to overnight likely in NH and then drive into NY on the 31st. Out on the Gem Feb 1st. I did book through Hotelnnparking.com as it was suggested on a post. I don't mind losing the $35 to cancel but do you know what it would cost us for taxi from the Hilton Double Tree that was suggested above for 3 adults to the cruiseport.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge is the hotel we would book if I cancelled the Crowne. Just wondering if you have any idea what a cab would cost 3 of us to the cruiseport. THank you by the way for all your help.