Onboard Spending Question

s_mich

I simply don't understand why as this and other topic's on Cruise Critic, why so many here pile on with unasked for replies as in this case.

OP the question has been answered, and Yes you can simply deposit cash in to your account once onboard - No required minimum

Srpilo

It's called offering advice and options. It happens frequently here on Cruise Critic and is offered with the best of intentions.

All Princess ships have printers near Guest Services where you can check your current account balance, so you don't even have to go to the desk. And the newer ships (Regal/Royal and some others after internet upgrades) have an app that you can access your current account from your phone or computer. So if you want to pay off your bill before you leave with cash it is easy to monitor how you are doing. As others have said using a debit card can cause holds on your bank account that you may not want.

THANK YOU! I have noted to check my outstanding balance at the printers, calculate the remaining number of cocktails to be enjoyed as I will have the Soda and More Card and the All-Inclusive-Beverage-Package isn't available on my cruise, and pay the calculated amount, explaining that I have allowed for further planned Cocktail consumption. The instructions have been recorded on my Cruise Information Notepad #2, I'll need to buy another notepad on Thursday. WHAT a lovely problem to have-information overload on how to get the most out of my cruise! :D

In 313 days time, I will be embarking at the Overseas Passenger Terminal in Sydney, very excited! I have 2 male,, former work colleagues travelling on the same cruise-1's on Plaza Deck in an Inside Stateroom, and the other claims to be in a Window Suite, possibly beside me. I shall see.

• 4 months later...
All Princess ships have printers near Guest Services where you can check your current account balance, so you don't even have to go to the desk. And the newer ships (Regal/Royal and some others after internet upgrades) have an app that you can access your current account from your phone or computer. So if you want to pay off your bill before you leave with cash it is easy to monitor how you are doing. As others have said using a debit card can cause holds on your bank account that you may not want.

We are new to Princess and I was wondering if my husband and I will have separate "accounts" from our daughter who is also cruising with us in the same suite. Appreciate any information I can get on this - thank you !

but I use a credit card.

Even if you don't have a balance, Princess may decide to put a hold on funds in your account daily (to your debit). At the end, if there was a balance, you would then be billed for that amount on your debit card and eventually the other daily debit holds drop off.

On my credit card on my Med cruise it took more than a week on my CC to get those holds off....so if you have plenty of room on your debit card...then by all means use it.

I had a heart attack when I saw these extra charges that did not match any of my daily usage amounts, guest services then explained the daily holds to me.

I thought fraud was going on.

So- you can definitely use a debit card easily, just be careful to have plenty of room (higher balance) so you don't get your personal funds hung up for money you might need. Bernadette

If your daughter is a minor then her account will be attached to yours. You can check your account and I recommend doing so on the TV in your room.

As for unsolicited advice you can get it here. Some lady asked a yes or no question and got 200 answers about sharps disposal. People think they can answer anything better than you and don't read your answer anyway.

We are new to Princess and I was wondering if my husband and I will have separate "accounts" from our daughter who is also cruising with us in the same suite. Appreciate any information I can get on this - thank you !

Like all cruise lines, each person in the cabin will have a separate account. Husband and wife might be grouped together if using the same method of payment, but your daughter will present her method of payment - cash/card - at enbarkation/checkin and will get a separate statement. EM