1st time Celebrity Equinox cruisers

alibaba1

I have heard that Celebrity, unlike Holland and Royal Caribbean, does not arrange for traveling ministers to organize Sunday services or anything. Does anyone have any experience with doing this ad hoc on Celebrity. I read two accounts that said Celebrity was very resistant and unsupportive of anything like this.

Celebrity often has a priest on board as well as a rabbi, but not always. These a people they have contracted with, or so it seems. On Easter cruises, I believe there is an ecumenical service but I think that was with the priest officiating.

There are ad hoc meetings with groups like AA that are space only.

While I know people do have private affairs scheduled in rooms I've never seen one of those publicized enough to believe that they were anything more than organized groups. But ask them if you can reserve a room and hold a service, the worst they can say is no. Or yes, but they won't do anything more than post the even on a public board near Guest Relations.

Funny you should ask this. A friend of mine, that is a Catholic priest, sailed on Celebrity, Norwegian and Princess .. all based on my helping him book these sailings. (sounds like this is going to be a bad joke ....right??)

Anyhow, upon him letting them know he was willing to do so, Norwegian and Celebrity both arranged everything for him to say mass on Sunday. Princess wouldn't have any part of it, which is why he will not sail with them again.

So, while they may not make arrangements for this, I know for a fact that if a passenger that is a minister volunteers, they will set most likely arrange everything for them and put the times / location and such into the daily paper.

I would simply add that it is probably most important to plan this ahead of time! During Lent, a priest had services every day, in South America, I assume that they comp'd his room but cannot confirm that;-)