Message for kalos

Hi kalos,

I understand from a thread on P&O boards that you did not get to Amsterdam on your New Year Cruise! The reason given is that the Ventura is too big to dock! Did they not know what size she was then?

Vessel Finder is showing you as nearly home, so have they cut the cruise short or are you going to sail up and down the Channel? :rolleyes:

Anyway, Happy New Year to you and Mrs K :):)

That's not good! Mind, looking at the sea here over the last few days it has been absolutley wild!!!!!! I've never seen such huge waves rolling in from so far out. We once did a channel ports cruise on Celebration and had to make a run for Le Havre Harbour missing out Zeebrugge because of gales. I was so disappointed as we had so much wanted to go to Bruges but when I saw the waves coming over the harbour wall I realised we were in the best place!!!!! (Especially since we were in a Deck 2 outside cabin and in the Channel kept disappearing under the water line. It was like being in a washing machine!!)

Anyway, hope you've had a good time Kalos and aren't too disappointed in whatever unexpected changes were made. Happy New Year to you and Mrs K!

Edited by kruzseeka

Hi Kruz !! Hope you and J are well and Happy New Year to you both.

Noticed you have been on other cruise lines in 2015 - do you fancy any of the new ones on Thomson ( Dubai ) or the Discovery ? Take care !!

Hello HT. :) Thanks for your good wishes. Yes we have been spreading our wings a bit! After 25 cruises with T's we still have a very soft spot for many aspects of what they offer but must confess we've really enjoyed all the others too! Can't say we have any particular brand loyalty amongst those we've tried. Pro's and con's! :rolleyes: We always thought the entertainment and ambience on T's was the clincher but food has emerged as another important factor. We are most tempted by itinerary though which is what's attracted us to our next trip. (One I think Thomson would find popular for the winter season - New Orleans, Florida and Bermuda as an alternative for one of their Caribbean based ships.) The new Thomson ones are very interesting though. We shall see - could be a distinct possibility! And I do like the sound of the Discovery.

Notice you did the TA again this year. I know you really enjoy those. We occasionally bump into Gerry (the chocolate man!) which reminds us of our time on that TA - and all the fab truffles too! ;). We both send our very best wishes to you and Mrs HT for the New Year and happy cruising too. Hope we shall see you again on board one day! :)

Edited by kruzseeka

Hi Linda Happy New Year to you and everyone else on this board :)

The Captain said he would not have been able to control the Ventura due to her size and the wind sheer .

I have put a bit more about it on the P&O boards .

Still we had a great time ,just a pity we never got to see the Amsterdam Fireworks other than that we were happy .

Last night passing Isle of Wight it got really rough and winds were going 60mph plus over the decks .

Mrs K and I sat watching in amazement ,kids in the covered swimming pool being thrown out onto the side as the pools waves were that powerful.

The best thing was they just kept jumping in for more and the parents just let them :eek:.

It was only when the ship tried turning and it listed very bad emptying a good 3rd of the pool did the staff net it and drain it ,before someone got hurt .

Mrs K seems to think the experience will come in handy should we get any bad weather on our TA cruise ;):D

Thanks for your wishes Kruzze and no we did not let the weather or the detour back to Southampton (Very slowly) spoil our cruise .

Look at it this way ... I can now cross off my to do bucket list ..

To spend New Years Eve in no Country and at sea in a storm :)

Been there ,done that ..Tick ..Yess!!

Happy New Year to you and your family :)

Edited by kalos

Great to hear you enjoyed your trip despite the weather. I was looking out at the Channel and thinking of you this last few days. It's been as wild as we've ever seen it. Best wishes for 2016, happy cruising and keep working down that list! ;)