room upgrade

broncorckcrwlr

Just got off the phone and I couldn't be happier. We sail 1/10/16 and I just upgraded our room from an inside room on deck 12 to a window room on deck 8 for $11.08. Yup $11.08. The room has an obstructed view so I will prolly be looking a a life boat but I will have daylight! For the price I am totally happy. They told me I could go to a balcony for $500 or a mini suite for $600 if anyone is interested.

Just got off the phone and I couldn't be happier. We sail 1/10/16 and I just upgraded our room from an inside room on deck 12 to a window room on deck 8 for $11.08. Yup $11.08. The room has an obstructed view so I will prolly be looking a a life boat but I will have daylight! For the price I am totally happy. They told me I could go to a balcony for $500 or a mini suite for $600 if anyone is interested.

I do this all the time. I book an inside room and two weeks prior to sailing I have my travel agent call to check on the price of a balcony. So far it has always cost us $500 to move from an inside to a balcony. Great deal. I am sailing next month to South America and hope to get the same deal.

If you booked through a TA, to request a room upgrade, do you have to call the TA or can you call NCL directly?

You MUST do it through the TA. NCL will not even speak with you about it. That's the negative for booking through a TA; you don't control your reservation and you have to have a good TA who will make the call for you. Additionally, before you can contact the TA to make the call, the good deal may have been scooped up by another.

Edited by drvalo

I do this all the time. I book an inside room and two weeks prior to sailing I have my travel agent call to check on the price of a balcony. So far it has always cost us $500 to move from an inside to a balcony. Great deal. I am sailing next month to South America and hope to get the same deal.

With the 30 day rule now, will you lose the perks you have??

Edited by NMLady

With the 30 day rule now, will you lose the perks you have??

Everyone I know who upgraded lately AFTER final payment kept the perks he or she had from his or her original booking and that included recent 30 day rule period. It's always important to ask, though, as YMMV.

It seems if you upgrade BEFORE final payment, it is considered a cancellation and you have to rebook. You receive whatever the current promotions may be, if any.

That SA cruise will be awesome. My favorite to date.

You would love having a balcony on that one for the fjords.

Is the cabin # on your online vacation summary the one you will definitely be assigned on ship? My reason for asking is that yesterday when I upgraded to a room with a view the lady told me we would be going to deck 8 with an obstructed view but this morning it shows a room on deck 5. Room 5520 to be exact. Large picture window and the only obstruction I can see is the waves. :) However I did read one review where the lady got seasick because of the location of the room. It's not really a big deal I don't think but we have always been more midship and no one has had any signs of seasickness. I guess it depends on how rough the sea is on those days. I'm thinking this room is going to be a long way from everything but at least there is light!

Is the cabin # on your online vacation summary the one you will definitely be assigned on ship?

No, they can change you around at their discretion, but in real life it rarely changes.

My reason for asking is that yesterday when I upgraded to a room with a view the lady told me we would be going to deck 8 with an obstructed view but this morning it shows a room on deck 5.

Yep, even though it is on a lower deck that is an upgrade from the (probably guarantee) obstructed oceanview cabin (category OX or OK), good for you. :)

the price you listed for the balcony and the mini suite, was that the total price for your party, or per person? who did you call to inquire about the upgrades? my family is cruising in march and are definitely hoping for an upgrade. thanks for the info

the price you listed for the balcony and the mini suite, was that the total price for your party, or per person? who did you call to inquire about the upgrades? my family is cruising in march and are definitely hoping for an upgrade. thanks for the info

I was wondering the same thing. Great deal for balcony and mini suite if it is the total price!

The way I understood the lady that was the price for the entire party. I just called the 800 number on the NCL website and the person I got transferred me to another lady when I told her I was looking to upgrade my room. The lady I got was named Mary but they prolly have 20 named that. lol There is another thread about upgrades or up sells where the person called and did the same thing I did. I just now found the # I had written down. 1.800.625.4309. That isn't the one I called but then I couldn't find the # at the time. HTH