Chair hog strategies for 2016

Jezo

I am 100% for that. You pay for your lounge chair for the week, in your spot. Issue solved.

Agreed. That would settle so many problems. Though I'm sure some people might complain about the extra charge lol. You can't please everyone.

Good Lord - you folks taking pictures of people's belongings need to get a life! I can't even begin to imagine wasting my vacation time doing this. :rolleyes: Bless your hearts.

You are not of the modern age of Twitter Instagram snapchat ? Pictures of anyone and anything is the norm in the last 10 years.

Happy 10 year bday TWITTER

People on these boards like to "talk". I have been cruising for 34 years, and have yet to see anyone just walk up to a chair, throw someone's stuff on the ground, and steal the chair. It just doesn't happen. I have seen people ask folks sitting around the vacant chair if anyone was sitting there. If the answer is yes, or they just got up, people move on. On occasion the answer will be "I haven't seen anyone for the 4 hours I have been out here". At that point, yes, the stuff has been removed. But all of these tough guys on here saying they will just throw the stuff on the floor and sit? Please. It just doesn't happen :rolleyes:

I am in my chair from 6 am until mid-afternoon most days. I do not "take my stuff" when running to the buffet for food, going for a swim, or using the restroom. Ridiculous.

I always ask people around me how long the chair has been unoccupied (with towel on it). If I hear more than 2 hours , I call it mine.

I always ask people around me how long the chair has been unoccupied (with towel on it). If I hear more than 2 hours , I call it mine.

Do you mean just away from the chair or away from the entire pool area? Because I think if someone's in the polls are still in the area and have not yet vacated the chair. I do agree though if someone's going to drop their stuff off and go eat that's not very fair.

With all thats been said here it would be so much easier for ALL if NCL would just enforce their own policies...I do not go on a vacation to get into a peeing contest with anyone over a chair, let alone become violent...This is an NCL problem and it should never have become an issue, makes me angry to even have to discuss this...:cool:

People on these boards like to "talk". I have been cruising for 34 years, and have yet to see anyone just walk up to a chair, throw someone's stuff on the ground, and steal the chair. It just doesn't happen. I have seen people ask folks sitting around the vacant chair if anyone was sitting there. If the answer is yes, or they just got up, people move on. On occasion the answer will be "I haven't seen anyone for the 4 hours I have been out here". At that point, yes, the stuff has been removed. But all of these tough guys on here saying they will just throw the stuff on the floor and sit? Please. It just doesn't happen :rolleyes:

I am in my chair from 6 am until mid-afternoon most days. I do not "take my stuff" when running to the buffet for food, going for a swim, or using the restroom. Ridiculous.

100% this.

Last year on the Epic, we would go to Spice, get our chairs at 6:30, head to the buffet, inhale a ridiculous plate of food, and lay in those chair all day. We'd go for lunch, bathroom, pool, drinks, and not once did we have an issue.

And being there all day, we'd know if people hadn't returned for quite some time and then people could remove the single towel holding two chairs.

This year, there are four of us going, but we only plan on using two chairs. MIL will be in one all day and DH, DD and I will take turns using the other.