Booking 2 people in a cabin that can housefit 3 or 4

Rock_Dr

I have searched on the Carnival website for available cabins for a July cruise. I want to book two nearby cabins, one balcony for 2 and one inside for two. When I search for 2 in a balcony cabin very few show up as available. When I search for 3 in a balcony I find many that are directly across from available 2 person inside cabins.

I assume this is because they want to fill all the max 2 cabins with 2 before they start putting only 2 in a room that can fit 3 or 4.

I have not spoken with a travel agent or a consultant at Carnival. Would either have a better sense of what is truly available and be able to book what I want?

Will I have to pay a premium to only have 2 in a cabin that can fit 3 or 4 if I book now for a July cruise?

Thanks,

Dave

I routinely book a room for 3 or 4 people. I always use a Personal Vacation Planner from Carnival and I tell her what area I want to stay and she picks out a room for me. Usually it doesn't show me that room on the website. I would definitely call Carnival and tell them where you want to stay and they can tell you if there are some balconies available across from the inside that you are looking at.

If you book a balcony room for 2 that can sleep 3 or 4, there is a possibility of them changing your room if a family of 3 or 4 wants to book and your is the only one available. :eek:

Not if your minor children are the ones in the room across the hall! The only way they could move you is if they had an equivalent set up in your category elsehwere:cool:

I wanted to book a cabin for 3, that held 4, and they would not let me unless I paid for 4. She told me I could just add a person and then let them know they were a no show when we boarded. I considered it, because it was only $100 more to get the room I really wanted. That may be an option for you.

I would definitely call Carnival because they have more rooms available then what show up on the web site...

In my experience, they won't book a room that can hold 3/4 for 2 people. I had similar issues because I book 2 balconies for me and my 3 kids (husband does not cruise) and because of their current ages (15, 12, and 10) only the 15 yo can be booked alone in a balcony (you have to be 13, carnival rule, to be in a balcony w/o an adult) so I have to book a one and 3 next to each other, and then one of the kids moves to the room with my 15 yo. However, this does mean that my choices are less. I have called and asked about specific cabins, to be told that one is reserved for 3 or 4 and the single person cannot be booked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carnival's website only shows you a maximum of 10 rooms.

My PVP booked my group of 3 into a cove balcony that has a capacity for 4.

Yes, you can book 3 into a 4 person cabin since they don't have 3 person cabins but you can't book 2 into a 4 person except maybe a last minute booking.

I called this weekend because we changed ships, and the Carnival rep absolutely refused to book me in a room that held 3 for my party of 2. I would have run the risk of being bumped, but we've ended up last room aft on deck 1. Oh well, at least I'll still be on a cruise!

They are not likely going to allow to to book a stateroom that sleeps four for two people unless it is a last minute booking.

During peak season, this is true. Off season and it's no problem. I have done it many times over a year out.

I booked a cabin that holds 4 and it just the 2 of us.

I did it this week on the Sunshine. NE/Canada cruise

There are only 4 cruises per year.

I'm not sure why the web site allowed it?

Same here. We booked a 6d (oceanview deck 5) on the Sunshine for last year. Sometimes they do open up triples and quads for 2 passengers without having to jump through hoops or use anyone special. You can just book it yourself. It all depends. If you don't see the room you want available online, call and ask. They may allow it. Who knows. But if they do, it's highly unlikely you'll be moved.