Corfu Greece ?s

newcruiser1573

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
We spent an awesome day in Corfu while on a cruise in 2014 - you can read all about it here.

read your review of day in Corfu... approximately how much was that excursion. I would probably have to find people to share since I am going there with my wife only. Do you remember approx. costs?

Corfu has some fantastic beaches but unfortunately they are all a long way from the port. The taxi drivers know this and will charge rip-off prices to take you there and public transport just takes too long.

Corfu is a nice town to walk around so I would consider doing this and choose one of your other ports for a beach day, unless you want to take a cruise ship excursion to a beach.

We engaged a taxi at the port for a tour of the island. We negotiated the cost up front and did NOT feel ripped off.

Yes, the taxi drivers like to sell tours of the island. What they don't like is to just take a cruise passenger to a beach, hence the higher charges.

We engaged a taxi at the port for a tour of the island. We negotiated the cost up front and did NOT feel ripped off.

Regarding price. I've booked a 5 hour tour, 200 euro, with someone I found on trip advisor. Do you feel this is a fair price? Tour includes; Port,Vistonas,Makrades,Lakones, Paleokastritsa,Gastouri,Achillion, Kanoni, Corfu town (5 hours) .

There is a small beach right in the town, but it is very pebbly. However the water is crystal clear and looks very inviting if you can stand the stones.

We got a taxi to the town centre, walked through the town and then walked along the Liston towards the palace. There is a steep path down to a restaurant right on the waters edge and to the left of this is the tiny cove. There are no facilities whatsoever on this beach and it is tiny, but the water looks wonderful.

The views are stunning too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Regarding price. I've booked a 5 hour tour, 200 euro, with someone I found on trip advisor. Do you feel this is a fair price? Tour includes; Port,Vistonas,Makrades,Lakones, Paleokastritsa,Gastouri,Achillion, Kanoni, Corfu town (5 hours) .

Did this have a number of passenger minimum... Was it a flat rate - drive out of 200 euros. Do you know how long you stay at each place or did it have an itenerary for each place you list above.. Rate does not sound bad, there is only 2 of us... just curious what it entails...