What is your favorite thing about Celebrity?

SanFranBayCruiser

What's Your Favorite Thing About Celebrity?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Thing About Celebrity?

• Service
    • Food
    • Itineraries
    • Shore Tours
    • CC Class
    • Nightlife
    • Bars
    • Aqua Spa
    • Ships (decor, layout/design, etc)
    • Other - Please post if you select this choice

I chose 'other' because there isn't one thing that makes it work, it's the sum total of the shipboard experience. The food's fine, the service is good, the decor is...bright, the entertainment is...typical, the nightlife is...what it is, and the Martini Bar is fabulous! :D But when you add up everything and add in the wonderful people we've met on Celebrity, it becomes a vacation like no other for us.

I know that doesn't sound like a glowing recommendation, but, with the clientele mix, the experience, the price, etc., Celebrity is the best choice for us right now.

If you think of cruise ships like the divisions of General Motors (in the days before Olds went South), it's sort of the Buick of the Cruise lines. Yes, it has similarities to Pontiac (Princess), it's steps above Chevrolet(Carnival), not quite as youth-minded as Saturn (RCI), appeals to a slightly more sophisticated, yet younger crowd that Oldsmobile (HAL), but isn't as expensive as Cadillac (Crystal, Radisson, etc) But there are commonalities among all the lines, just like there's shared parts bins between these separate brands of G.M. At least that's the way I see it.:rolleyes:

Andrew

The staff is fantastic - I've never experienced such excellent service anywhere before and after. They really make you feel at home, so much that you feel homesick for them when you are back home.

I would have to say the cooking demos, no no strike that, the art auction (free champagne), no, not that either, the wine tasting with the cool plastic cup and the .025 ounces of wine to taste, I changed my mind again, napkin folding, that’s it, do you know how many hot babes you can pick up once they know about your napkin folding skills!

I love Celebrity!

I also love how the staff makes you feel so special. We just got off the Infinity and they all seemed so happy and treated us like we were their only guests. Anywhere we would see any of them on the ship, they would recognize us by name and inquire about how our day was going.

We also lived on Treasure Island for awhile and have very fond memories of the Bay area. It was great to get on the ship and be able to look over at Treasure Island from our balcony. What a wonderful sight after all these years!

Carol

What I loved most on my recent Celebrity cruise (my first) was - no loudspeaker announcements. No annoying cruise director drumming up business for bingo and art auctions. No overly-detailed daily weather-and-location reports from the captain. Even disembarkation day was quiet; it was assumed we could read the published information on when we could disembark. It was heavenly.

I also love Celebrity for the total experience but I do have to single out SERVICE as the main reason why. I never felt so pampered. The crew is always smiling, always willing to go the extra mile, remembers your name, what you like, how you like it etc. They are friendly, sociable and most are well spoken and have interesting stories to tell if you inquire. I love having such an international service crew and enjoy learning about all their different homelands. We made a lot of friends on Zenith (2 cruises) this year and going back on board was like going home to a great family. Leaving them was soooo hard.

A second thing for me is the food. I really enjoyed the food in the dining room and the varied well presented menu. I also enjoyed breakfast, lunch, snacks, midnight buffet...;):D

Too often, I get this question.

My answer is YES

All those things are my favorite. It's the combination of those things that make X the line it is. You can always find a cruise line with better service, better itineraries, and so on. But when you put all those things together, that's what make X my favorite

I picked "other" because it's more than one thing...it's the style and decor of the ships, it's the lovely desserts, it's the AquaSpa, it's the professionalism of the staff, it's the non-frenetic onboard attitude, it's the ability to avoid the things you don't want because they're not being announced all the time.

for us it had to be the service plus the little extras like champange, the wet towels upon return for ports, and those special, make you feel good added features. This to me is part of service. So many of you mention the "no announcements" it has been our experience in the past 5 years that announcements period have calmed down on all lines. Another feature on the M class ships of course is the T pool. Even though I did vote for service, I think Celebrity offers a great cruise experience for a good price. Some feel the pricing is higher than other lines, we have not found this the case. NMNita

I chose "Other" because as I was reading the list I wanted to check every choice. So I wish you had added an "Everything" choice to your list.

I love the service, martini bar, decor, food (especially the Specialty Restaurant on M Class Ships) and all the little touches.

The only thing I don't like is getting off the ship.

Anne Maria

I know what you mean when you say you don't like getting off the ship, but this made me think of something else.

On so many Celebrity itinearies, they arrive at 7am the last day, and then turn the ship around and sail at 5pm that night. What about shifting this by an hour so we arrive at 8am and sail at 6pm? The reason why I suggest this is because the one thing I hate about getting off the ship (other than having to leave), is having to do it so darn early in the morning. An extra hour would make a huge difference on the debarkation end, but I don't see it making such a big difference on the sail-away end.

I'm just not a morning person :-)

I like the "lack" of glitz. No neon, screaming decor...just an elegant, peaceful environment. Other than the Martini Bar, the Cova Cafe is also a favorite. Great place to relax to enjoy a coffee drink, read or "people watch".

Karyn

Archived