2016 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

triptolemus

The Captain was Roger Gustavsen. He sang and played a guitar at the Latitudes party - a talented man!

I asked a crew member about upcoming officer changes. He said Jovo and the Staff Captain would be "leaving soon". Sorry, I don't know how soon, but others here might know about that.

The Concierge was Elvina. We loved her! :D She was very attentive and friendly. Actually, the whole crew was great! But alas, now it's back to the real world...:(

Staff Captain switched mid 10/8 Gem sailing. Jovo is onboard for a few weeks, he was to have already been on vacation before coming to the Gem. The entire staff were awesome on our 10/8 sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Captain was Roger Gustavsen. He sang and played a guitar at the Latitudes party - a talented man!

I asked a crew member about upcoming officer changes. He said Jovo and the Staff Captain would be "leaving soon". Sorry, I don't know how soon, but others here might know about that.

The Concierge was Elvina. We loved her! :D She was very attentive and friendly. Actually, the whole crew was great! But alas, now it's back to the real world...:(

Wait Captain Roger (the one who sings and plays guitar) is back with NCL. I don't remember last name from when we sailed with him but supposedly he left NCL a few years ago. So hoping this is one and the same if anyone knows for sure!!!!!!

Wait Captain Roger (the one who sings and plays guitar) is back with NCL. I don't remember last name from when we sailed with him but supposedly he left NCL a few years ago. So hoping this is one and the same if anyone knows for sure!!!!!!

Yes! That would be him, he played/sang at our latitudes party this week as well. Also, I saw him more than any other captain out on the pool deck and around the ship interacting with passengers. He works a 10 weeks on 10 weeks off rotation.

Yes! That would be him, he played/sang at our latitudes party this week as well. Also, I saw him more than any other captain out on the pool deck and around the ship interacting with passengers. He works a 10 weeks on 10 weeks off rotation.

Thank you so much for confirming. He is my favorite Captain by far! Hoping when I sail Gem in April he will be there.:)

Thank you so much for confirming. He is my favorite Captain by far! Hoping when I sail Gem in April he will be there.:)

From what I was told on my 10/1 cruise...he was the captain during " Hurricane" Sandy and did a stellar job of keeping his ship,crew, and pax safe..

I'm more a Captain Bligh or Captain Queeg kinda guy ................. LOL

Edited by Uniall

Hello to Everyone,

I asked for help with the NCL Sun Officers and Department Heads and many members replied. I was asked when I returned from my 14 day Panama Canal Cruise to please supply the names of these people. I met everyone of them at a Meet & Greet that I hosted and at the Meet the Officers onboard the ship. I became very good friends with Carlos Zarate, Concierge, Vesna Campos, F&B director, Sr. and Brian Walters, Hotel Director and plan on keeping in touch with them.

Here is the list I have that was valid from September 30 through October 14, 2016:

Ronny Borg, Master/Captain

Brian Walters, Hotel Director (absolutely an amazing man)

Vesna Campos, F&B Director, Sr. (wonderful woman who was so funny)

Ganesh Panjami, Executive Chef (couldn't get more than 2 words out of him)

Mihaela Mocan, Restaurant Manager

Hal Broomes, Executive Housekeeper (very kind and nice)

Jose Piedra, Guest Services Manager (very quiet but also very helpful)

Windchester Barracks, Beverage Manager (very quiet and nice)

Carlos Zarate, Concierge (one of the best, was just amazing)

Merci Angeles, Group Service Coordinator/Access Manager

"Philly" Joel, Cruise Director - I hope I don't upset too many people but Philly was the worst cruise director I have ever had onboard. He never stopped and talked to passengers, was never at any events, unless it was going to be on television, such as the White Hot Party and the game shows. I have been on many ships where I wondered how the CD could be in 10 places at one time because they were seen and heard all over the ship. Philly was not any where to be found. He had an amazing singing voice and struck me as a frustrated entertainer.

I hope this helps.

Candie

Forgot to ask can anyone fill in the blanks for the Jewel? I will be on her in 3 weeks and have heard great things about her and the crew.

Thanks, Candie

Captain

Hotel Director

Cruise Director

Food & Beverage Director

Restaurant Manager

Executive Chef

Concierge

Group Events Coordinator

Butlers

JEWEL OFFICERS: 9 October-16 October:

Captain: Pelle Fredriksson (just joined 9 October)

Hotel Director: Steven Jacobsen

Food and Beverage: Mohammad Hasan- Vacation 30 October then Claus Pascher

Cruise Director: Archie Archbold- Vacation 30 October

Executive Housekeeper: Osly Ollivierre

Guest Service: Kitkat Galope

Executive Chef: Peter D Costa

Restaurant Manager: Noel Chaves

Beverage Manager: Manny Hernandez

Cruise Next Manager: Lisha Jeacocks

Group Services: Sue Ishihara

JEWEL OFFICERS: 9 October-16 October:

Captain: Pelle Fredriksson (just joined 9 October)

Hotel Director: Steven Jacobsen

Food and Beverage: Mohammad Hasan- Vacation 30 October then Claus Pascher

Cruise Director: Archie Archbold- Vacation 30 October

Executive Housekeeper: Osly Ollivierre

Guest Service: Kitkat Galope

Executive Chef: Peter D Costa

Restaurant Manager: Noel Chaves

Beverage Manager: Manny Hernandez

Cruise Next Manager: Lisha Jeacocks

Group Services: Sue Ishihara

Wow, what a complete list! Where do you find these lists? When it says someone is going on vacation on October 30, do they take long vacations or are we talking a week off, etc? We are sailing late November so I was just wondering.

Thanks!

Edited by suesings

Wow, what a complete list! Where do you find these lists? When it says someone is going on vacation on October 30, do they take long vacations or are we talking a week off, etc? We are sailing late November so I was just wondering.

Thanks!

Usually 2 months off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks!

When you attend a M&G, you are given a note card with all the names, titles and extension numbers in case you need to contact them.

Most vacations are 2 months in length.

Now that the Pearl has moved from Alaska to Miami for the Panama Canal itineraries, I am hoping someone took note of the current Officers and Senior Staff. We sail in less than 30 days, and I'm hoping to see a few familiar faces. If anyone can help with a current list, I would appreciate it.

- Khristine -

Hello to Everyone,

I asked for help with the NCL Sun Officers and Department Heads and many members replied. I was asked when I returned from my 14 day Panama Canal Cruise to please supply the names of these people. I met everyone of them at a Meet & Greet that I hosted and at the Meet the Officers onboard the ship. I became very good friends with Carlos Zarate, Concierge, Vesna Campos, F&B director, Sr. and Brian Walters, Hotel Director and plan on keeping in touch with them.

Here is the list I have that was valid from September 30 through October 14, 2016:

Ronny Borg, Master/Captain

Brian Walters, Hotel Director (absolutely an amazing man)

Vesna Campos, F&B Director, Sr. (wonderful woman who was so funny)

Ganesh Panjami, Executive Chef (couldn't get more than 2 words out of him)

Mihaela Mocan, Restaurant Manager

Hal Broomes, Executive Housekeeper (very kind and nice)

Jose Piedra, Guest Services Manager (very quiet but also very helpful)

Windchester Barracks, Beverage Manager (very quiet and nice)

Carlos Zarate, Concierge (one of the best, was just amazing)

Merci Angeles, Group Service Coordinator/Access Manager

"Philly" Joel, Cruise Director - I hope I don't upset too many people but Philly was the worst cruise director I have ever had onboard. He never stopped and talked to passengers, was never at any events, unless it was going to be on television, such as the White Hot Party and the game shows. I have been on many ships where I wondered how the CD could be in 10 places at one time because they were seen and heard all over the ship. Philly was not any where to be found. He had an amazing singing voice and struck me as a frustrated entertainer.

I hope this helps.

Candie

Love, love, love Brian Walters. Had dinner with him on the Sun. Great man.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm on the same cruise. I was told that the concierge is Yahira.

Tracy

We sailed with Yahira a couple of years ago on the Spirit. I hadn't heard of her for a very long time, maybe she took a break, I don't know.

I loved her. She is so full of energy and fun. She gets things done. She was a fantastic concierge.

• 2 weeks later...
We sailed with Yahira a couple of years ago on the Spirit. I hadn't heard of her for a very long time, maybe she took a break, I don't know.

I loved her. She is so full of energy and fun. She gets things done. She was a fantastic concierge.

So did we she was certainly one for the future then - great lady