Delta will cancel flights

WASUP

Yep, Flint it is. Although I thought we would change it a few weeks ago when Delta changed their schedules. Turns out that the internet knows the schedules better than delta.com sometimes LOL. Still would have liked a Cincinatti connection on the way home instead of Atlanta, but at least we get CVG on the way there LOL.

I'll be waiting for your reviews with bated breath.

I always book my flights on-line, and am notified via e-mail if there have been any changes. I flew Delta on 9-16 from ATL to FLL, and back on 9-24, and this was a day after the bankruptcy announcement..which I received by e-mail from Expedia the day before I left. My guess is that if you book on-line flights, then that on-line agency will notify you by e-mail about any changes....meaning that if you are on a ship, you might have to use the Ship's Internet to check your home e-mail. I wouldn't trust the airline to contact you directly, no matter where you are!

Thanks to this thread, I checked my flights for Feb 2006 and 3 of the 4 flights were changed! We have a 22 minute connection in Atlanta! We booked this on the Delta website (not an online agency) and did not receive any notification. I plan to keep checking. Also, I was not able to choose my seating assignments.

Thanks to this thread, I checked my flights for Feb 2006 and 3 of the 4 flights were changed! We have a 22 minute connection in Atlanta! We booked this on the Delta website (not an online agency) and did not receive any notification. I plan to keep checking. Also, I was not able to choose my seating assignments.

Okay Dan ...a mini review on how Flint works out as well....

Sunrise&set ~ I have been lucky and been checking my flights and no changes at all.... keeping fingers crossed..

Em

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we had to cancel our Delta flights. They kept moving our flight from LAX-ATL back to uncomfortable timing. It's now departing LAX at 1140am, from the 1223pm that it was at (from the 129pm it was when we booked LOL). The afternoon flight leaving LAX at 140pm is now too late to make the connection in ATL for Flint (8 minute connect time. I don't run that fast LOL).

I checked a couple other airlines for schedules and pricing before calling Delta to see what we could do. Found flights on Northwest out of Detroit for slightly less than we paid on Delta (which were low to begin with), and they are non-stop flights. Placed a call to Delta hoping they would allow me to get a refund. After a little back and forth discussion between my agent and somebody else, they decided to refund even though I was still technically inside their allowable time frame for changes. I was like "well, that's all well and good that you only changed my departure by an hour and 50 minutes, but my arrival is now 15 hours later, so that doesn't really work for me." Especially since I would be on the hook for the hotel room.

So, we saved 20 or 30 bucks per person, but we'll have to pay a little more to park in Detroit than in Flint, and I'm sure the lines will be a bit longer, but at least we get on one plane, and get of it 5 hours later in LA.

Perhaps you missed the part about them cancelling that plan (along with the other airlines that were also doing it, or planning to). Also, you don't really know how full the flight is. Airline website seating charts don't really cut it.

Perhaps you missed the part about them cancelling that plan (along with the other airlines that were also doing it, or planning to). Also, you don't really know how full the flight is. Airline website seating charts don't really cut it.

Hi Dan. I didn't miss it. It came out 2 days after I canceled my Delta flights. I wonder how many other 1000s canceled too. It must have been a lot.

At this point I don't trust them. Delta needs to make a firm decision. Fly or don't fly. I don't care which, just decide and let us know. You can't expect people to be thrilled about having their tickets converted to stand-by, which is basically what they were doing.

There's and old saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Follow-up: Just for fun, I checked what would've been my return flights this morning. Sure enough, The 1st leg to ATL was eliminated. i woul've had to show up 2 hours earlier to make the 2nd leg, and added another 2 hours waiting at that. So glad I dumped Delta. :D

Thanks to this thread, I checked my Delta flights yesterday. Our return flight had been cancelled, and we were put on a flight that gets us into Knoxville at 1:30am. We are visiting my in-laws for a few days after our cruise, and that is too late to arrive at their house! So, today I am cancelling our Delta flights, and rebooking something else.

Northwest has a flight from LA to Knoxville that gets us in at a good time. Has anyone heard if they are also changing flights often?

Thanks!

Mona

Northwest has a flight from LA to Knoxville that gets us in at a good time. Has anyone heard if they are also changing flights often?

Thanks!

Mona

Yep, they are playing the same game. We're going to Hawaii for Christmas and bought our tickets before they filed for bankruptcy. We're going from Bozeman to Minneapolis then to LAX then to Hawaii. Hey, it was the cheapest routing I could get. ANYWAY, they had our flight changed from LAX to Hawaii and it now leaves 30 minutes BEFORE we get there from Minneapolis! I called Northwest and they were very helpful. They now have us on an earlier flight out of Bozeman to Minneapolis then DIRECT to Hawaii (of course no additional charge to us).

Bottom line: CHECK YOUR RESERVATIONS OFTEN!

Archived