MDR menu order on Serenade 10 night sailing

Joby

I found 14 days of Serenade of the Seas menus on BeyondShips website.

http://www.beyondships.com/RCI-SOS-Profile.html

I found that site too but, wasn't sure if it was accurate for the current 10 night sailing. Thanks for sharing it though :)

Was really hoping a recent cruiser would be able to shed some light on the order of the menus.

Edited by Joby

Just came off the 12 night NYE serenade – so I can't answer your specific questions about 10 night menus. We also had a special New Year's eve menu that threw the general schedule off a bit.

I can tell you that most nights had a nice variety of offerings as well as the standard every night items such as steak, chicken, salmon and a few every night desserts. If you have sailed RCCL, the menus are about the same as most other cruises. We did seem to have an abundance of lamb chops on this cruise, which I enjoyed.

We went to Chops for the first formal night and the second formal night was New Year's Eve with a special menu of filet mignon /lobster tail/lamb chops. With our speciality dining and the special New Year's eve menu, I guess that meant we only saw eight standard menus in the dining room.

We had no complaints about the food and were generally pleased. Towards the end of the cruise we took a look at the remaining dinner menus and since we were not thrilled with the menu for the last evening, we went back to a specialty restaurant.

Enjoy. M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Just came off the 12 night NYE serenade – so I can't answer your specific questions about 10 night menus. We also had a special New Year's eve menu that threw the general schedule off a bit.

I can tell you that most nights had a nice variety of offerings as well as the standard every night items such as steak, chicken, salmon and a few every night desserts. If you have sailed RCCL, the menus are about the same as most other cruises. We did seem to have an abundance of lamb chops on this cruise, which I enjoyed.

We went to Chops for the first formal night and the second formal night was New Year's Eve with a special menu of filet mignon /lobster tail/lamb chops. With our speciality dining and the special New Year's eve menu, I guess that meant we only saw eight standard menus in the dining room.

We had no complaints about the food and were generally pleased. Towards the end of the cruise we took a look at the remaining dinner menus and since we were not thrilled with the menu for the last evening, we went back to a specialty restaurant.

Enjoy. M

Thanks for the info. I love lamb!

I was hoping to find the order of the menus in case we wanted to go to a specialty restaurant. If so, I had hoped to make reservations before our cruise and not onboard.

I was hoping to find the order of the menus in case we wanted to go to a specialty restaurant. If so, I had hoped to make reservations before our cruise and not onboard.

I don't think you'll have any trouble booking speciality restaurants onboard, they are very accommodating.

we were on an 11 night recently, and were extremely impressed with the MDR...much more so than the MDR on the Oasis.....we even cancelled a couple of speciality restaurants!

Lots of variety each day, something to suit everyone's taste.

• 1 month later...

I have a question for you. Last year I saw that you had to pay extra for a steak in the main dinning room but later I was told that they now have changed that policy back to what it had been for years. Do you know if they had steak on the menu without having to pay extra? I do know they have specialty restaurants where you pay extra but I am speaking of the main dinning room. Sorry disregard I am on the wrong post wrong post.

Edited by jerryb48
replied on wrong post

I have a question for you. Last year I saw that you had to pay extra for a steak in the main dinning room but later I was told that they now have changed that policy back to what it had been for years. Do you know if they had steak on the menu without having to pay extra? I do know they have specialty restaurants where you pay extra but I am speaking of the main dinning room. Sorry disregard I am on the wrong post wrong post.

There is a "free" steak on the menu every night. There is also an extra cost "Chops" steak on the menu every night.