Back to Bermuda!

CruisersTimesThree

Happy to say we are headed back to Bermuda on our favorite ship, the Summit, for the third time in 4 yrs!

I had booked the Anthem of the Seas for a Feb 2017 Caribbean cruise as a surprise for my DH & DS as a Christmas gift, but then after letting them in on the secret, we started having second thoughts.

We aren't exactly fans of mega-ships and although I booked a beautiful grand loft suite, I couldn't help but think what kind of service to expect with so many people onboard.

I remember once waiting for a taxi in Bermuda, listening to several complaints from passengers aboard the Breakaway about slow service and not enough staff to help.

Also, RCCL will institute a whole new "Royal Suite Class" of amenities this May, including a butler and a lot of inclusives for each level of suites. The grand loft had pretty much everything included, drinks, gratuities, internet, specialty dining, dry cleaning etc. but I was told by two different concierges that contacted me that the amenities would only apply to the first two in the suite, we would have to pay extra for anything for our son. WHAT??? That makes no sense!

I asked for help from the RCCL boards and I must say I came across some of the rudest posters I've ever encountered.

After a lot of discussion we decided to cancel the Anthem and book the ship we love and return to lovely Bermuda.

Best part...we booked the penthouse for the first time, so I am super excited and can't wait for this cruise to finally happen.

Although I have been told by a few people on the RCCL boards that they have called and went up the ladder and now are being told everyone in the suite is entitled to all amenities, I think I made the right choice for our vacation!

Happy New Year and happy sailing everyone!