FTTF Tendering Question

_beachgirl_

Quick question about FTTF Tendering. I think I read a few months ago that on the day of the tendering, we go to guest services and they walk us down to deck 0. Is that indeed how this happens? I ask because we're planning on doing a shore excursion with another couple that does not have FTTF but they are travelling with a group that is platinum and their reservations are tied together. Could we all go to guest services together in that case and be brought down together? Or am I totally off base and that isn't even how it works?

You are correct about how the Priority Tendering works. They mostly seem to work you onto the beginning of the next tender to begin filling so you're not actually seen going to the head of the line. Sometimes they have you sit in the lobby until they have a small group then take them down to the tender. It is my understanding you can take a non-priority couple with you but I have not done so.

Quick question about FTTF Tendering. I think I read a few months ago that on the day of the tendering, we go to guest services and they walk us down to deck 0. Is that indeed how this happens? I ask because we're planning on doing a shore excursion with another couple that does not have FTTF but they are travelling with a group that is platinum and their reservations are tied together. Could we all go to guest services together in that case and be brought down together? Or am I totally off base and that isn't even how it works?

It depends on the ship. We were on Glory over Christmas and we had to to dining room to get on tender

Depends on the ship and when you cruise. We have been on the same ship at different times and had different procedure each time. The staff are always trying to improve upon a lengthy process. If you have a Carnival excursion they should provide you instruction about tendering.

It's a private excursion. Hoping to get us all off the ship as early as possible.

When we used FTTF one time we had to report to a table near the Guest Services Desk the other we were directed to report right to the exit. Both times we went to the front of the line. Just keep in mind two things, first, you may have a short wait while a tender returns. Second, you will be on ship time, which is based on the port you left from. Your excursion operator will be on their local time which may be different dependent upon which port you are leaving from. Good luck and have fun!

a couple of weeks ago on the Freedom we got a note in our room saying to go to the midship dining room to wait for priority tendering. We went to the dining room, waited about five minutes, another small group came in and then a crew member took us down to the tender and we were the first ones to get on the first tender off the boat.

they never even asked for proof of FTTF other than just verbally when we first got to the dining room.