Dream, Fantasy and Magic in Formation!

G85 SS

Had the pleasure of cruising DCL for the first time. And was even more privileged to have been on board New Years day where we sailed along the Magic most of the day before both the Dream and Magic rendezvoused with the Fantasy. In all the cruises I have been on, there always seems to be a first and it was awesome to see these three vessels sailing in formation as the Fantasy departed Castaway Cay.

Let's see YOUR pictures of this extremely unique moment and a first in Disney Cruise Line History!

One of MANY. :D

Dream%20Magic%20Fantasy_zps0r1yrhwt.jpg

Great photo! And a once in a very very rare blue moon experience!

Shame the Magic seems to be burning a lot more dirty than her sister behind her.

I'm sure DCL got some pictures, but will release them without the exhaust smoke!

ex techie

Shame the Magic seems to be burning a lot more dirty than her sister behind her.

I'm sure DCL got some pictures, but will release them without the exhaust smoke!

ex techie

Could it be because the Magic is closer to the camera that the smoke is more visible?

Could it be because the Magic is closer to the camera that the smoke is more visible?

That is certainly a possibility, as well as the wind direction as her exhaust smoke is rising above her and not just flowing to the Aft as the Dream's are.

It is also worth remembering that the Magic's engines are 13 years older than the Dream's, and a lot has changed and improved in that time in terms of efficiency and clean burning emissions.

BUT, unfortunately the Magic hasn't had as much work done to reduce her emissions as her sister's have.

Friends of the Earth compile a yearly environmental score card for most main cruise lines.

Unfortunately the Magic scores an F for Air Pollution Reduction.

In contrast, the Wonder scores an A.

That I believe was the result of a very expensive exhaust gas scrubber system and other upgrades to her generators to enable her to be permitted to cruise in Alaska.

The Dream and Fantasy score a C.

2014 Friends of the Earth Score Card:

http://www.foe.org/cruise-report-card

All four in the fleet score an A for Sewerage Treatment though! :)

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

ex techie

I have Adobe Photoshop and plan on stamping the smoke right out of the picture. Haven't had time though. I thought Disney may do some sort of "Press Release" covering the event with some unique pictures.

Apparently the Captain of the Fantasy radioed the Magic and Dream asking what we were doing at Castaway. Fantasy was then advised of the spontaneous rendezvous and the formation was then planned from that point. So if that is true, then Disney may have not been prepared to cover the event. I didn't see any helicopters flying around for ariel views as I was hoping there would be. :(

We were on the Dream for this exciting event![ATTACH]372737[/ATTACH]

Awesome little picture! Keep them coming everybody. Especially those of you who were on the Fantasy and Magic! :D

From this tweet some aboard one of the ships got a postcard or photo, but I'm not convinced it wasn't just a photoshopped effort....

https://twitter.com/Dustin2008/status/684073280932831232

ex techie

edit to add:

When you've had the time to touch up the photo, I'd love to see it!

Edited by Ex techie

From this tweet some aboard one of the ships got a postcard or photo, but I'm not convinced it wasn't just a photoshopped effort....

https://twitter.com/Dustin2008/status/684073280932831232

ex techie

edit to add:

When you've had the time to touch up the photo, I'd love to see it!

Some people may have that. We never got one though. And you bet you all will be the first to see it. I may go through my other pictures and see which one looks the best. I have been so swamped with catching up on work since I have gotten back I have hardly had any time to devote to editing my photos.

That will come though. :)

New Photo. Slightly different angle and passing of a little more time to get some different color in the sunset.

This one without any of the smoke as was in the first image. :)

Enjoy!

Dremagisty%20Sunset_zpshskposym.jpg

I actually love the composition this photo better than the other one regardless!

ex techie

Funfact: 10% of the smog in L.A. is from ships.

Seriously though, if the Wonder docks there again, she can cold iron and shut her engines down in port.

Same for the Dream and Fantasy too. If they ever finish the locks!

Don't think the Magic can still, and maybe thats why she scores an F?

Why the Port Canaveral residents and local communities are not forcing them to install cold ironing facilities and make it mandatory to use them is beyond me.

Also why DCL are not doing this at PC, yet they are on their environmental PR crusade again ;) lol!

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2016/01/bahamas-waste-management-converts-used-disney-cruise-ship-cooking-oil-into-biodiesel-fuel/

Yes ships bring income and tourist $$$, but it isn't like they have hundreds of options of where to dock or home port out of the US.

The government need to address this for the health of those living near ports.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Funfact: 10% of the smog in L.A. is from ships.

The more you know. Interesting fact indeed.

I actually love the composition this photo better than the other one regardless!

ex techie

Thank you. I have other pictures with just the two other ships without the guardrail from the Dream in the foreground, but the ships seemed to be further away in those images. Perspective irritates me sometimes. I was completely unprepared too. I wish I had my telephoto lens. :(

The more you know. Interesting fact indeed.

Thank you. I have other pictures with just the two other ships without the guardrail from the Dream in the foreground, but the ships seemed to be further away in those images. Perspective irritates me sometimes. I was completely unprepared too. I wish I had my telephoto lens. :(

I really like the way the guard rail hugs the bottom of the Magics hull to the Aft, and shows the perspective of you being on a ship more so than in the first picture you posted.

Also the dark clouds are higher and further away.

It is a great shot, and as I said before a once on a very very blue moon picture to have been able to take!

Love it! And love to see shots of my old home away from home!

And being a Starboard side shot, you can't see that nasty looking waterslide they added to her! :(

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

That is awesome! We were on the Fantasy in 2013 and had to make an emergency stop in Nassau. While we were docked the Dream backed in next to us, it was so cool.

We must have been on the same trip because we were on the Fantasy in 2013 and made an emergency stop in Nassau and the Dream pulled in. I got some great pics of her and loved the horn battle!

We must have been on the same trip because we were on the Fantasy in 2013 and made an emergency stop in Nassau and the Dream pulled in. I got some great pics of her and loved the horn battle!

We were eating outside at Cabanas during it and the CM's were able to talk to each other ship to ship via their radios, they were all so excited. That was the cruise I fell in love with cruising DCL, and especially the Fantasy.

Scott at the disneycruiselineblog shared some pictures.

I must be DCL released photo's as there is a boat following them.

Disney-Dream-Disney-Magic-Disney-Fantasy-20160101.jpg

Obviously a "touched up" photo:

Disney-Fantasy-Disney-Magic-Disney-Dream-20160101.jpg

Disney-Dream-Disney-Magic-Disney-Fantasy-Overhead-Shot-20160101.jpg

Credits to Scott at the disneycruiselineblog

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2016/01/a-new-years-family-gathering-with-the-disney-magic-disney-dream-disney-fantasy/

ex techie

We were eating outside at Cabanas during it and the CM's were able to talk to each other ship to ship via their radios, they were all so excited. That was the cruise I fell in love with cruising DCL, and especially the Fantasy.

I wonder how much cross talk was happening before they figured out it was coming from the other ships.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk