Suggestions for hiking tours

hotsauce126

I've read about people doing rainforest/volcano hikes (and that a guide is necessary) in St. Kitts, does anybody have any budget-friendly suggestions? We're both in our 20's and very physically active so how strenuous it is isn't an issue.

I'm using these guys to hike the volcano next month ($70)

http://www.poincianatours.com/tours.asp

The email they sent about the hike

I do provide transportation to and from the cruise terminal and this is inclusive in the cost of the tour. Refreshments and water are provided as well as your hiking sticks. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Also please walk with your camera to capture the beautiful scenery at the top of the volcano. You can't afford to miss this opportunity to capture such beautiful shots.The tour will commence at 8:30a.m local time. The cost of the tour is US$70.00 per person.

When you disembark the ship and proceed through the arrival hall I will be holding a sign marked Poinciana tours and I will be standing next to the Richies Diamond Gallery store. I look forward to seeing you and taking you on this wonderful tour.

David and Trevere Swanston

This is another option ($69)

http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/volcano-climb---eco-tour-on-st.-kitts.html

Not sure if you were looking for cheaper options.

Edited by AdrenalineRush

I'm using these guys to hike the volcano next month ($70)

http://www.poincianatours.com/tours.asp

The email they sent about the hike

I do provide transportation to and from the cruise terminal and this is inclusive in the cost of the tour. Refreshments and water are provided as well as your hiking sticks. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Also please walk with your camera to capture the beautiful scenery at the top of the volcano. You can't afford to miss this opportunity to capture such beautiful shots.The tour will commence at 8:30a.m local time. The cost of the tour is US$70.00 per person.

When you disembark the ship and proceed through the arrival hall I will be holding a sign marked Poinciana tours and I will be standing next to the Richies Diamond Gallery store. I look forward to seeing you and taking you on this wonderful tour.

David and Trevere Swanston

Not sure if you were looking for cheaper options.

We're booked for the Mount Liamuiga hike with Poinciana Tours early next month.... I've read good reviews and they supply hiking sticks, which I'm hoping will help! Apparently it can be pretty slippery.

We're booked for the Mount Liamuiga hike with Poinciana Tours early next month.... I've read good reviews and they supply hiking sticks, which I'm hoping will help! Apparently it can be pretty slippery.

I'm going Feb 5, how about you?

I can't wait...I'm doing Gros pitons hike in St. Lucia the day before.

Have you have already seen this video?

Not sure which company is used, but it should give you a good idea about the hike.

I'm going Feb 5, how about you?

I can't wait...I'm doing Gros pitons hike in St. Lucia the day before.

Have you have already seen this video?

Not sure which company is used, but it should give you a good idea about the hike.

Thanks! I'll watch the video....eeek, hope I can handle this hike! I'm reasonably fit and used to hiking, but the slippery-ness and my footing worries me.

We're doing it on February 4. Looks like we'll miss you by a day.

• 1 month later...