Formal Nights on NCL...give me the scoop!

bre

You can get dressed up if you want.  Like most mainstream cruise lines, dress has become more casual given the extra charges for luggage (if you fly in), the more casual the workplace has become, etc.

That said, I was recently told I had “no class” on the Royal forums by someone who chastised me for not packing extra dressy clothes for dress up night.

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

That said, I was recently told I had “no class” on the Royal forums by someone who chastised me for not packing extra dressy clothes for dress up night.

There is a particular definition of “class” that I clearly don’t have and certainly don’t want.

• Like 3

My family has been cruising for about 20 years.  We dress up for dinner most every night.  I buy the picture package on all my cruises and have family pictures taken nightly before dinner.  On Dress Up or Not Night, the girls wear floor length formal dresses and the boys (even the littlest) wear ties and sometimes suits.  We have made this our tradition since we started cruising.  Even in my most formal gown I have never felt out of place.  In fact, I had a destination wedding on South Beach and then took a cruise for my honeymoon.  My husband kept his tux on and I kept the wedding dress on for the entire day of the wedding (the first day of the cruise).  My niece was married in St. Thomas on a cruise and did the same.  So no matter how formal I chose to be, I've never felt out of place.  Enjoy your family cruise!

We were on the Getaway for our 30th anniversary last September.  We have always dressed up on our anniversary, no matter where we are.  No different on the ship.  It happened to be the Dress Up Or Not night, and we were invited to the Captain's cocktail party before our dinner at Moderno.

IMG_1243sm.jpg

• Like 1