Westin Grand Cayman Day Pass

brepri_h

Do you NEED a pool, or is the beach ok? If you just want a beach day, there is no need for day passes in GC! The beaches are public...there are chair/umbrella rentals, food/drink, restrooms, watersport rentals...all easily accessible along the beach!! Hop on the bus...so easy, and relatively cheap (for Grand Cayman!!)

Do you NEED a pool, or is the beach ok? If you just want a beach day, there is no need for day passes in GC! The beaches are public...there are chair/umbrella rentals, food/drink, restrooms, watersport rentals...all easily accessible along the beach!! Hop on the bus...so easy, and relatively cheap (for Grand Cayman!!)

I don't need a pool as I'll have a 10 month old who most likely can't go in.

I'd like a nice quiet beach. This seemed like it might give me that option. Someone also suggested the Royal Palms to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly what I was looking for! Have you visited the Westin Grand Cayman yet? I usually book my cruises and excursions well in advance and just decided to book a last minute trip for next month. I found that website too and was hoping to find out some more information. It looks perfect and for my family of 4 it's only like $57 each which is much less than a crowded beach excursion through the cruiseline and it looks so much more private and relaxing. I'm traveling in February, if you've already visited I would love to hear some feedback on the Westin and that Resort for a Day website if you used them. Thanks!

Exactly what I was looking for! Have you visited the Westin Grand Cayman yet? I usually book my cruises and excursions well in advance and just decided to book a last minute trip for next month. I found that website too and was hoping to find out some more information. It looks perfect and for my family of 4 it's only like $57 each which is much less than a crowded beach excursion through the cruiseline and it looks so much more private and relaxing. I'm traveling in February, if you've already visited I would love to hear some feedback on the Westin and that Resort for a Day website if you used them. Thanks!

Yes, a crowded beach excursion thru the cruise line makes no sense. But you can take a taxi to Seven Mile Beach for $6 per person each way. Rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach. As for the Westin I have not done it but the beaches are public so the beach is not going to be less crowded. It is going to be more crowded in that area. Actually the nicer beaches are away from the hotels and condos. Try Cemetary beach for a less crowded beach.

Edited by Charles4515

You can book directly by emailing the Westin for much less. I contacted the hotel for Feb. 16th and was told there are no rooms for day passes available but they would still allow us to use the resort. The cost is $ 146.37 USD with taxes.

Since we would not use the room we are going to go with this rate that is much less then the resort for the day website.

But you can take a taxi to Seven Mile Beach for $6 per person each way. Rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach.

Any recommendations on where to go on the beach for a family with a 6 year old? She can swim, likes to play in the water, mom and dad would like an adult beverage, maybe grab lunch.

Grand Cayman is one port we don't plan on spending too much time off the boat so just thinking a couple hours.

Any recommendations on where to go on the beach for a family with a 6 year old? She can swim, likes to play in the water, mom and dad would like an adult beverage, maybe grab lunch.

Grand Cayman is one port we don't plan on spending too much time off the boat so just thinking a couple hours.

I suggest Sea Grape Beach on Seven Mile Beach. You can grab adult beverage and also lunch if you want at Calico Jacks which is at Sea Grape. Calico Jacks also has free WiFi.