Twister waterslide for 2 year old

mark13

I did some quick searching. Unless she meets the height limit (42") she won't be able to go alone. Normally (and on Carnival's site) it indicates that multiple riders are not permitted. However, for an infant I could see them making an exception. Hopefully someone else knows for sure!

Whatever you do OP...don't let your daughter see the commercial Carnival ran a couple years ago during the Winter Olympics. In that terrifying and mis-leading ad, they showed a group of 4 boys I think it was, going down a ships water slide "in tandem" (think 4 man bobsled) and splashing down...very confusing to the young ones....

One thing I learned too, is that going tandem down any slide is the cause for most slide injuries. My 2 year old son broke his leg going down tandem with my daughter. His leg got stuck on the side, and my daughters weight behind him caused his leg to break. Doctors told us its the most common slide/playground injury.

The newest Waterworks areas on certain ships, including the Sunshine and Magic, have very small slides with no height rules, with side-by-side slides so you can go down holding hands. Otherwise, you must meet the height requirement and slide alone, like most water park body slides in the U.S. The height requirement is 42 inches or 48 inches, depending on whether the slide ends in the pool. In port, depending on where you are going, you may find a pool or beach area with a slide that allows tandem sliding.

We were on the magic in July and the big slides on those were too intense for my 2 year old. he didnt want to go on it. however they were not enforcing the height requirement, there were some very small kids going on these slides. My son did love the little kiddie slides that someone mentioned earlier in this post.

We asked if our 2 1/2 year old Grandson could go and were told if someone went with him. I took him down and he loved it, but got splashed in the face. Then he faced me and he went backwards with me. The look on his face was priceless, and we went over and over before I got tired of the stairs...

We asked if our 2 1/2 year old Grandson could go and were told if someone went with him. I took him down and he loved it, but got splashed in the face. Then he faced me and he went backwards with me. The look on his face was priceless, and we went over and over before I got tired of the stairs...

That's the very kind of thing that Carnival needs to enforce much more evenly. I'm glad you and your GS had a great time, but they generally don't allow tandems and they don't allow under 42 inches.

All this does is peeve off others who were turned away at the slide.:mad:

Tandem riding is not allowed (even if one worker here or there does allow it), and riders must meet the height requirement (even if one worker here or there doesn't enforce it). In other words, the worker on your ship might allow one of these, but they aren't supposed to.

Edited by k2excursion

On the Pride they let us go down tandem with our 3 year old son and also our daughter who was 18 months at the time. They both loved it and our son keeps talking about going down the "yellow slide" for our upcoming cruise. It doesn't hurt to ask! :)

On the Pride they let us go down tandem with our 3 year old son and also our daughter who was 18 months at the time. They both loved it and our son keeps talking about going down the "yellow slide" for our upcoming cruise. It doesn't hurt to ask! :)

it puts the workers in a bad spot when you ask them to let you break the rules - height requirements, no tandem, and must be potty trained. They could get in trouble if some snaps a picture and then goes to guest services to complain.

I agree that even thinking about letting a child this young on a tall twisty water slide is insane. Picture this: last time we cruised on the Dream two people somehow managed to be in the twisty covered water slide at the same time the water cut off. Luckily the first guy in was about 6'3" and managed to scootch his way down toward the end before the surge of water being turned back on blew the young lady down the slide and almost on top of him. He went down the water slide a bunch more times- as did my husband who witnessed this with me. I was pretty much done with them. Let alone taking a small child with me.

I, too, hate when people don't follow the rules. Your kids will be old enough, soon enough. I have 3, and if my 10 yo is not allowed to do something the other 2, older ones are, I just tell her, well you have to be 12, or whatever the rule is, and that's that. Yes, we commiserate that it doesn't seem fair or whatever, but I don't bend the rules to make it easier for me or her. And I was this way when they were toddlers, etc.

The not being potty trained and in the water really upsets me, as my kids got sick several years ago from a contaminated pool and at Blue Lagoon, on the inflatables, (where it might not be a rule, but was a problem just the same; our outing was ruined when we discovered feces in one of the inflatables. We were so grossed out, we got out of the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk