All Service Shuttle and Embassy Suites hotel

cheeseclan

We just came back form a great Princess NYE cruise and i thought i would fill you in on the shuttle service and hotel.

The Embassy Suites hotel on 17th street in FLL needs a major overhaul. The rooms were very rundown and needed a good cleaning. The front desk staff at checkin was not pleasant at all. I am sorry but this is a service industry that deals with people: if you do not like to deal with people then get another job. It was very hard to get elevators so we ended up carrying our luggage down at check out. This was not fun but i guess people who could walk would not so we had no other choice. The only thing that was good was the breakfast.

Now for the good: All Service shuttle was great. We had Diego, one of the owners, pick us up and take us to the ship. It was $30 plus a tip to take 5 adults with all the luggage and carry ons in a private van. We also used them after the cruise to take us to FLL, this was $35 plus tip.

I would definitely use them again: very professional, clean van, and on time.

Thanks for the info! We have booked both, the Embassy and All Service Shuttle for our upcoming cruise on January 29.

It is disappointing to hear that the Embassy Suites is not in great shape but I am very happy to hear that you had a good experience with All Service Shuttle.

We are looking forward to a great time and will hope for the best!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would share our experience at the Embassy Suited over New Years.

This was our fourth stay at embassy with our previous one three years ago. We had always been pleased with the hotel but our visit at the beginnings of January will make us think twice of staying there unless they renovate the hotel.

The rooms are in major need of updating and as the original poster said a really good cleaning. I expect they see a very high and quick turn around with all the cruise passengers but they need to invest time and money to raise their standards.

On the second night of our stay we came back from dinner and the ceiling in our room had caved in and water was everywhere including our suitcases. A hotel employee came immediately and determined that it was the air conditioning that was leaking. It had been leaking for sometime and the water build up made the ceiling collapse. We noticed that the carpet below the area was wet when we first arrived but figured that someone had spilt water from a cooler or something. Housekeeping should have noticed this too. We were immediately moved to another room but never had a hotel manager apologize or any form of compensation offered to us for the inconvenience or water on our suitcases. I later went down and asked and they removed our restaurant and bar costs but we never heard from the hotel manager.

The room we moved to was also in poor shape in need of a good cleaning and updating. In addition none of the electrical outlets worked except for the ones on the lamps.

We use to love this hotel but will think twice before we book again unless they fix the place up.

I replied in a post about one year ago about its condition a got nothing but criticized for telling the truth. Seems as though some people care more about getting a few free drinks and a free breakfast more than a cleanroom and a quiet nights sleep. Plenty of hotels up and down 17th street to choose from.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites a couple of weeks ago and I was pretty disappointed. We checked in online and chose our room, a room on the 7th floor facing the water. When we got to the hotel our room was not ready so we waited and had lunch at the hotel. Pretty blah and very expensive food in my opinion. I then received a text message that our room was ready and we could pick up the key. So I went and got the key and we made our way to our room... Not on the 7th floor, but the 4th and not facing the water but the street. We just went with it because we didn't want to waste anymore time waiting for a room. The rooms need a lot of work! Very run down and non of the outlets seemed to work in our room! I tried the ones in the bathroom, and the ones by the individual sink and they did not work. (They did not have a button to push either) I had to plug in my hair dryer around the corner. Good thing I have a long cord! The next morning we did have a nice breakfast. The elevators are extremely slow! We used the shuttle service and we were put in a van with people going to Celebrity. Not a big deal, we dropped them off first. Then I thought we were going right to the Carnival ship but nope we waited to fill our van with people going back to the hotel and then they dropped us off at the Carnival port. A decent stay but will we book them again next year? I highly doubt it!