Vancouver to Seattle best way ???

There is a shuttle from Vancouver to Seattle -not related to a cruise company- called Quick Shuttle, here is their schedule and link. You can pre-book your reservation. http://www.quickcoach.com/schedule.htm

I have used them in the past. As the cruise ship terminal is downtown (Canada Place Pier), use that as your pick up point.

I have used Quick Shuttle several times and I recommend them as the best way to get from the Vancouver cruise terminal to the Seattle airport. FYI, reservations MUST be made in advance. Quick Shuttle has to provide their passenger manifest in advance to the border authorities to facilitate the border crossing. For people debarking in Vancouver and flying out of Seattle the same day, I would not recommend booking a flight any earlier than 3:00 at the very earliest. The border crossing is unpredictable, as is the traffic in both Seattle and Vancouver. Unless things have changed since last summer, Carnival does not offer a shuttle to Seattle, only to the Vancouver airport.

Edited by nwcruiselover

^Except it isn't.

Much as I like Amtrak, and believe it is the nicest way to travel between Vancouver and Seattle, driving your own rental car is going to be quicker 99% of the time (the train takes 4h25min to cover what can be driven in 3hours). The only twice a day schedule also means potentially waiting around until the train departs. $32pp for a Saver ticket is a damn good price though, much cheaper than Quickshuttle.

Buses, depending which company, can in theory be almost as fast than driving yourself (e.g. a cruise charter transfer, going direct from the Vancouver pier to Seatac without any stops can be as little as three hours; most Greyhound/Bolt/QS routes involve three or four stops so tend to be four hours+).

Carnival, Princess, HAL have definitely all run shuttles direct from the pier to Seatac in the past - and the pricing is outrageously good at usually $29pp (last couple of years since CAD started plummeting - used to be $30pp before that). BUT - not every sailing has shuttles offered so you can't depend on it always being available, and the times it is seem to have no rhyme nor reason to them.

On occasion there are 'sealed' bus transfers - but the US Direct program, even to YVR, has been sporadic in being offered. If it is, then effectively you never enter Canada - you board a bus at Canada Place without going through Canadian immigration, it takes you direct to the USA without stopping. Mostly this means the part of YVR set aside for US-bound flights with CBP staff onsite - but in theory a busload could travel in bond across the actual border too. I would not assume such a service will be available, but there's no harm in asking Carnival though - all they can say is 'no' and leave you to book your own independent travel.

Edited by martincath

Agree with the others who've said rent a car. Amtrak is nice, but stops at every "Tom Dick and Harry" little hole in the wall between here and Seattle.

Vancouver to Seattle (airport is on the South side), is a 3 hour drive...not including any time spent at the border, or traffic in Seattle. We always leave 4 hours to travel to Seattle from home.

I have used Quick Shuttle several times and I recommend them as the best way to get from the Vancouver cruise terminal to the Seattle airport. FYI, reservations MUST be made in advance. Quick Shuttle has to provide their passenger manifest in advance to the border authorities to facilitate the border crossing. .

I had no problem getting walk up tickets last year, from Vancouver.

I have driven the most, but also use Amtrak, and Greyhound (using Sky Train and the Seattle light rail) Bolt bus also does this run.