No Boarding Before 12:30pm on Dream?

Preacherman46

I think someone mentioned a longer sailing prior to this one. I'm sure it is frustrating to keep getting different emails but it does sound like they are trying to give folks a heads up. I haven't done the staggered boarding yet but am hoping it will go smoothly. I typically (even before I was Platinum) liked to arrive at the cruise terminal to check in about 11am and really never had issues, and I am normally a Galveston cruiser.

I hope it goes smoother for you than you are anticipating.

I think a new port and a new process is always hard the first go rounds, but I don't think they would have expanded the program to more ships if it wasn't working or showing a capacity to work with a few tweeks.

Based off of reviews of the Dream, the effective boarding time was more than 1 hour earlier. Of course no one gets on until they say "Ready", and I assume the 12:30 time is the latest CCL expects that to happen.

This was the third email related to new "staggered boarding" for this cruise. Since it is the first time it is to be implemented with the Dream I do not believe this emails have improved the cruiser's understanding of what will happen that morning.

The first email [12/14] made no mention of the 12:30PM boarding time. Yesterdays email is nearly identical with only the insertion of "Although guests may access the terminal at 10:30am, based on their window selection, boarding is scheduled to begin at approximately 12:30pm."

One wonders why the change in the letter. Again it is the first cruise with the "staggered check-in" intended to alleviate terminal crowding. My check-in window is 10:00-10:30AM. If the intention is to delay boarding until 12:30, well fine. It is what it is. Why not just delay the check-in windows until later?

I fully expect a chaotic mess as they initiate the new boarding scheme. Then again the real boarding time might be well before 12:30PM.

At ports without STAGGERED CHECKIN you as early as you want and then wait til boarding begins, around noon.

STAGGERED CHECKIN is simply a crowd control measure. Weddings, Diamond, Platinum, Suite, FTTF can arrive at any time.

Slowly

Bangs

Head

Against

Wall.

I think someone mentioned a longer sailing prior to this one. [...]

At CruiseTT.com, where you can see the schedule port times for all cruises, the Dream is listed as 8am to 4pm 1/24. The arrival time is the same as other cruises. Regardless, it will be what it will be.

I wish that when a company "clarifies" what is going on they would be more direct. I have never sailed out of NOLA, so perhaps every pre-cruise notice says boarding is 12:30PM. Who knows? Is the time a new "feature" of CCL staggered boarding? Who knows?

At ports without STAGGERED CHECKIN you as early as you want and then wait til boarding begins, around noon.

STAGGERED CHECKIN is simply a crowd control measure. Weddings, Diamond, Platinum, Suite, FTTF can arrive at any time.

Slowly

Bangs

Head

Against

Wall.

So what you saying is select a 10:30 check in time because you check in anytime after that time and just make 12:30 rush what use to be the 10:30 rush. :D

• 4 months later...