Arrival Time????

KMB2014

Hi!

I'm cruising on the Jewel on 1/10. In preparation, I was going over my online check in that I did a few months ago. I apparently signed up for an arrival time of 9:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. How important is it that I arrive in that window? I'm concerned that is too early and that I'll just be stuck sitting in the cruise terminal for a few hours before they let people on board. I don't recall having an "arrival time" when I went on the Dawn last year. Is this new? If I get there during my window, when do you think they will let me board? Does anyone have recent experiences with an arrival time this early? I'm anxious to get on the boat early, but I'm not anxious to hang out in a terminal.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

I agree that there is no penalty if you show up after (or before) your selected arrival time. No one checks anything related to that time during the checkin process. Having said that, arriving at 10am is not a bad time, in my opinion. Most ships start boarding around 11:30. So by the time you drop off your bags, go thru security, wait in a possible line, get checked in, etc... it will probably be close to 11:00 already. But it's your call.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Embarkation usually starts about 11.30.

You have to make a choice; get there at 9.30-10 and almost guarantee to be in the first groupings to get aboard or get there a little later and hope that not too many have beaten you to it.

There is no hard and fast rule; "you pays your money and you takes your chance!!"

Mike

I'm cruising on the Jewel on 1/10. In preparation, I was going over my online check in that I did a few months ago. I apparently signed up for an arrival time of 9:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. How important is it that I arrive in that window? I'm concerned that is too early and that I'll just be stuck sitting in the cruise terminal for a few hours before they let people on board. I don't recall having an "arrival time" when I went on the Dawn last year. Is this new? If I get there during my window, when do you think they will let me board? Does anyone have recent experiences with an arrival time this early? I'm anxious to get on the boat early, but I'm not anxious to hang out in a terminal.

Arrival times are not really enforced. We usually show up at the terminal around 10 am. Lets us get through security and check-in while there are no crowds. And we will be in an early boarding group and board around 11:30. Get first dibs on seats in the buffet and enjoy a leisurely lunch while later-comers fight for tables.