Cabanas at Half Moon Cay? Why yes and why no

stewieL

Hello everyone,

We are going to be on Zandaam in December, and we have our first stop at Half Moon Cay. We are both avid water sports foks, and will likely do the SCUBA excursion and may ride horses. We were wondering, with the activity we will be involved with, does a cabana make sense?

To be sure, we love to just flop down and read a book or even just vegetate. It is the first stop on our cruise, but we will likely meet some folks on the first day and night and likely will socialize some...but if we are involved in excursion(s) does it make sense???

Just wondering of there are other folks out there who have taken cabanas and been active on excursions in the past. Any thoughts? Any regrets? Best thing you ever did?

Thanks,

Stewart and Marilyn

We love the cabanas...but on HMC, that usually IS our excursion. We love to snorkle and swim and walk the beach, and having a cabana gives us a really nice place to come "home" to. That being said, I would think you may not be a good candidate for a cabana, since you won't be there to use it. If you do the two excursions you mentioned, they will pretty much fill your time at HMC. My recommendation is to rent a clam shell so you have a place to relax out of the sun, and enjoy the activities you have planned. Save the cabana for another trip to HMC!

Either way, you will love HMC! - Enjoy!

We love the cabanas also, however if your not going to spend more than half the day in it, which it doesnt sound like, I think it would be a waste of money. Unless you dont care about money and want a fancy resting place with your own fresh water shower, misters over the lounge chairs (on/off switch) or Table and chairs with fresh fruit tray and chips and salsa, ice water and drinks for $219.00 :)

VOTE FOR Stanford's Girl & Ziggy7 HERE!!!

Ziggy and wish on a star,

That's what I love about these Boards. Thanks so much for the input. I think we will take your advice and do the clamshell bit to get a place out of the sun for a short while and save the money.....for other excursions, of course.

stewart

We are going to be on Zandaam in December, and we have our first stop at Half Moon Cay. We are both avid water sports foks, and will likely do the SCUBA excursion and may ride horses. We were wondering, with the activity we will be involved with, does a cabana make sense?

Sounds like a waste of money to me. Why not go for a clamshell instead?

The other option is if you can find another couple to share the cabana with. I think you can fit four people in them, and at least with two couples, you'll be getting a better value for it, though I still don't think it will be worth it given your proposed schedule for the day. If I were you, I'd just reserve a clamshell for the few hours you'll probably be "vegging."

Just my opinion ...

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived