Drinks Package price increase

If I don't buy the drink package.. How much is drinks (beers & other drinks)? Does someone have a copy of a bar menu?

Each bar and each ship has their own menus. Prices vary depending on whether the drink is frozen or on the rocks, house liquor or a requested liquor. My experience is that drinks are mostly in the $10 to $12 range. There was just a report of a martini with Grey Goose for $18

Edited by MommaBear55

IMO this is another one of those RCI IT "improvements" ...

I think the change is "in process" ...

Looking at my 2016 cruise for Premium the "terms and conditions" state that the price quoted DOES NOT include the 18% gratuity ... the stated price is the $57.82 quoted earlier in this thread. But when moved to the cart it changes to $49 plus 18% gratuity.

For my 2017 cruise though the T&C's state that gratuity is include in the quoted price of $57 and when you move to the cart it shows $57 plus no gratuity.

My guess is when they finish up the price is going to be $57.28 plus 18% gratuity or about $68.23 ... purely speculation but that's what's happening IMO :)

I love paying gratuity for the Coke package - 18% gratuity to fill up my mug at the Freestyle stations! :mad:

Each bar and each ship has their own menus. Prices vary depending on whether the drink is frozen or on the rocks, house liquor or a requested liquor. My experience is that drinks are mostly in the $10 to $12 range. There was just a report of a martini with Grey Goose for $18

And I most certainly will not be drinking one of those next week.

Royal's rule says nothing other than the two bottles of wine, however they rarely enforce that rule in the case of water and soda.

Correct, on 2 occasions we have taken a 24 pack of bottled water, left the shrink wrap on, taped a luggage tag to the top, and checked it in with our luggage. Once it made it, once it did not. We figure it is worth the risk with a $4 flat of 24 waters if it makes it... :)

I love paying gratuity for the Coke package - 18% gratuity to fill up my mug at the Freestyle stations! :mad:

All ships don't have the Freestyle stations. For the ships that do, I still see people bringing their cups to the bars for fill ups.

I've never bought a drink package, but you don't suppose people sharing a single drink package has anything to do with the increases do you? It's a common practice that is obvious to RCI, so they will eventually make up for it somehow.

It's hard to share because everyone in the same stateroom 21 and older has to get the same drink package. So you would have to have 2 cabins and be willing to deal with the headache of sharing.

It's hard to share because everyone in the same stateroom 21 and older has to get the same drink package. So you would have to have 2 cabins and be willing to deal with the headache of sharing.

Having to buy a package for everyone in the same cabin ended a LONG time ago.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I HOPE it hasn't changed, as this has been my experience, too. But the new beverage package PDF doesn't show it as included!

I'm not sure that it ever did specifically note "frozen beverages". I know when I was looking at the packages last year it wasn't noted so I emailed RCI and asked as there was conflicting information on this board back then. The reply that I got back was that yes, it included ALL non-alcoholic beverages including frozen drinks.

Royal confirmed to me today that replenish still include non alcoholic cocktails

I'm not sure that it ever did specifically note "frozen beverages". I know when I was looking at the packages last year it wasn't noted so I emailed RCI and asked as there was conflicting information on this board back then. The reply that I got back was that yes, it included ALL non-alcoholic beverages including frozen drinks.

Good to hear. Thanks!! Hope this is one of those (unusual) circumstances where the call center knows what's happening on the ships[emoji3]

Clipper-- I think you're right about the "frozen" part, but it used to say non alcoholic cocktails and now it doesn't.

Edited by denatravels

Thinking of pulling the trigger for the Premium packages for DW and I. I thought at one time it included bottles of "still" water but it doesn't show that on the Cruise Planner package description. Can anyone confirm whether it includes bottled water or not? :confused:

The premium package included bottled water the last several times I purchased it. In the very beginning it did not, but it has recently. Not specialty like Pellegrino but bottled water is included.

Edited by Zou Bisou Bisou

There seems to be a LOT of misinformation floating around on here. The Premium package does include Bombay Sapphire as well as Hendricks Gin which is even more expensive. As far as Grey Goose Martinis they ARE included in the Premium package. Whether or not they are charginging $18 for one (hard to believe) I wouldn't know as I have been purchasing the Premium drink package since it has been available.

What is the difference in the ultimate and premium?

Ultimate adds fresh squeezed juices, bottled sparking water, and specialty coffees/teas.

No difference in alcoholic drinks.

Edited by clarea

Ultimate adds fresh squeezed juices, bottled sparking water, and specialty coffees/teas.

No difference in alcoholic drinks.

I don't understand why RCI distinguishes between bottled water and bottled sparkling water. Does adding a little carbination add so much to the price as to make a difference?

I don't understand why RCI distinguishes between bottled water and bottled sparkling water. Does adding a little carbination add so much to the price as to make a difference?

If I take Costco for example, The Kirkland Brand of bottled water (Non Sparkling) goes for about $3 to $4 for a pack of 35 bottles. Where as Perrier goes for about $18 for a 24 pack. Sparkling water must be bottled in either plastic that can handle the pressure or even Glass.

dp

Edited by dpostman

If I take Costco for example, The Kirkland Brand of bottled water (Non Sparkling) goes for about $3 to $4 for a pack of 35 bottles. Where as Perrier goes for about $18 for a 24 pack. Sparkling water must be bottled in either plastic that can handle the pressure or even Glass.

dp

I guess considering that I can buy a 2 liter plastic bottle of Coke (which is carbonated) at Stop & Shop for a dollar it didn't seem to me that adding some carbination to some water would be some expensive deal. What do I know.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I guess considering that I can buy a 2 liter plastic bottle of Coke (which is carbonated) at Stop & Shop for a dollar it didn't seem to me that adding some carbination to some water would be some expensive deal. What do I know.

Yup. I still agree with you 100% though. But then again, They sell a can of pop on board for the same price that we can buy a dozen cans at the supermarket.

dp

Apart from requiring to be stored in a glass bottle (although there are some cheap sparkling waters in my local supermarket sold in plastic bottles but these lose their fizz as soon as the bottle is opened) it also depends on whether the sparkling water in question is just plain carbonated water or natural mineral water, such as Perrier or San Pellegrino that also contain some natural carbonation. Such waters must display a description of their mineral contents on the side of the bottle denoting them as mineral water whereas tap water with fizz does not.

If I don't buy the drink package.. How much is drinks (beers & other drinks)? Does someone have a copy of a bar menu?

On the Grandeur last week, I ordered the drink of the day when I got on. It was $12.50 with gratuity. It used to be that the DOD was inexpensive. Decided then and there to purchase the beverage package! I guess that's their plan. [emoji4]. But I enjoyed it!

As far as Grey Goose Martinis they ARE included in the Premium package.

We're on the premium drinks package this summer. Out of interest are they're any cocktails/spirits you can't get on the premium package? Or is it just expensive wines that are excluded?

Good to hear. Thanks!! Hope this is one of those (unusual) circumstances where the call center knows what's happening on the ships[emoji3].

Well, I talked to Royal Caribbean Norway office, and they was unsure so they called the main office in US and spoke to the right people there who confirmed it :)

I guess the new price list is just incomplete compared to the old one.