UBP free with balcony but for kids

newzandile

This is from NCL's website:

© Guests under 21: Any Guest under 21 years of age is considered a minor. Any Guest under the age

of 21 must be accompanied in the same, connecting, or side by side stateroom by a Guest 21 years of

age or older...

Not completely sure anymore, but I think that they have changed the wording to be more precise nowadays from previous "adjoining" – now that is quite clear.

According to the NCL Guest Ticket Contract anyone under 21 must have someone over 21 in the stateroom, connecting stateroom or side by side.

Any Guest under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same, connecting, or side by side stateroom by a Guest 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under-21 Guest throughout the cruise.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Guest-Ticket-Contract-11-2015.pdf

I had thought that across the hall was officially covered but it appears not to be.

I had a similar situation when I booked and a NCL supervisor had to get involved to make it work because my 3 minor children are in the cabin next to us(which follows the rules). They had to temporarily changed my son's age to 21 to make the booking go through and then changed it back.

The only other difference for us is my wife and I plan on splitting up at night anyway as my oldest is 11 :).