New Cheers for 2 program

Jimmy Geegitz

Just to clarify this would just be an option right? 2 people/a couple could still purchase the normal cheers package for $50 a day + gratuities and be given 15 drinks a day right?

Really wish Carnival instead of making little tweaks to the only package offered would abandon the whole philosophy of cheers and copy RCCL's package. Tiered packages with beer/wine, beer/wine/cocktails, beer/wine/cocktails/bottle water/soda's/speciality coffee. Obviously they are priced according, but they may see an increased revenue since you can buy exactly what you want, and not having a limit on your drinks is great when you want to get a little extra merry on your vacation.

Yes it's $49.95 per person per day plus 15% gratuity. Both must purchase so it becomes $99.90 plus 15% gratuity per day.

I was saddened to learn that this isn't actually happening.

Yes it's $49.95 per person per day plus 15% gratuity. Both must purchase so it becomes $99.90 plus 15% gratuity per day.

I was saddened to learn that this isn't actually happening.

It truly would have been head scratching material to be true. Wishful thinking of somebody seeing lots of discussion and throwing something up against the wall to see what sticks, or have a good laugh.

I wish it were true! ☹️ I very well may have splurged for $600, $800 isn't going to happen. If they insist on keeping the all adults in the cabin rule, this would have been a great compromise! And in truth if I'm moderating my intake because of not having a drink package, I will spend WAY less than $600 for our drinks (probably less than $200 combined). They would have made more money off of us and I think a lot of people feel the same. This is one category that RCI beats the pants off of Carnival! Their tiered system ( especially allowing individuals to choose) is far superior!

I wish it were true! ☹️ I very well may have splurged for $600, $800 isn't going to happen. If they insist on keeping the all adults in the cabin rule, this would have been a great compromise! And in truth if I'm moderating my intake because of not having a drink package, I will spend WAY less than $600 for our drinks (probably less than $200 combined). They would have made more money off of us and I think a lot of people feel the same. This is one category that RCI beats the pants off of Carnival! Their tiered system ( especially allowing individuals to choose) is far superior!

AGREE. If they had a smaller package I would buy it. Until then keep our bar tab to around $300 for a 7 day cruise.

I have had cheers a few times the first couple it was worth it. My DW would only consume at max 7 or 8. So when I felt like going over 15 which was half of the trip it was good to go. They charge way too much for drinks as it is and they put a limit on the package. So the last 2 trips I took on NCL were sweet unlimited drinks and it was free now you only pay the Grats. Which is nothing compared to a drink tab for one night at the bar. So after not getting a huge bill the last two cruises it will be hard to go back to carnival and now celebrity is doing the same thing.

That's our problem with it...1st day you are kind of tired, 3 days of ports. Don't think we would get our money's worth on the current program. If they change it to $75 for 2 we might consider it.

I'd love to be able to just get Cheers on sea days. Then I would feel like I would use it. Because of port days I just don't think we would use current program.

For reduced for a couple, I would need to find out more info. That might work.

That can't be that means they only would take in $3.75 a drink, perhaps for $120 maybe.

Huh??? If the price is $75 per day I don't get how you would have a total bill of $120. Even on just a four day cruise it would still add up to $300 and I'm assuming they would add gratuities to that. On the current cheers program if you actually drink 15 drinks per day it would average $3.33 per drink. Just like in that program most people would not reach the 10 drinks each per day but because more people would reach the limit then if its 15 per day there is a slightly higher charge per drink figured in.