Onboard credit reduced after making changes - is reservations rep right?

Not sure as I've not experienced this nor read about it. I can come up with 4 possibilities:

• No additional deposit needed.
  • They ask for $100 more, to make the deposit match the $150 that would have been required had you booked the 11 day cruise on board.
  • They ask for some other amount of deposit to match whatever promo is running at the time you make the change.
  • They ask for $850 more, to make the deposit match the $900 standard deposit on an 11 day cruse.

The answer is........choice 1 above.

Moved from a 7 day sailing to a 10 day sailing, same category, no further deposit was requested. The original $50 OBC from booking on board was added to the $50 OBC promo now so I should have $100 OBC.

This is why I no longer purchase future cruises. It's just too much aggravation when you want to change to another cruise. The OBC doesn't matter to me. The pp deposit for me also changes to full deposit when I book through my TA who gets a group rate. No brainer for me, I do better with my TA and sometimes get OBC too.

Edited by psupa

I'm confused. Why not do a NEXT booking which gives you OBC and the $100pp paid would be the deposit when A cruise booked. I did just that and received a $100 OBC. I just booked a June cruise and got $200 OBC. I did have to call res back and remind them to put the $100 on.

I now show $300 OBC total for our stateroom. The $100pp I paid on board was our deposit.

If I change the booking, I could lose the $200, but not the $100. Is that correct?

This happened to us --

We booked on board the Oasis last summer for our upcoming cruise on the Allure this summer.

When the price of our suite came down by $2200 our TA called got the discount but we lost the OBC offered at that time...........I think it was about $225....we are ahead, that is all that matters.

Safe travels.