Travel agent's commission?

I think the idea is that if the person cuts out the agent, then they should save either the equivalent of the amount the cruiseline would pay in commission or close to it. :( I do not agree, because the cruiseline would have to pay their staff (with all the associated costs) instead of paying commission and I do not know if there would be much saving for the cruiseline to pass on.

Exactly right, it's never gonna happen, so the whole thing is a moot point. Pay the price of the cruise, regardless of whether it's through an agent or direct, otherwise you don't go on that cruise. [emoji4]

I think the idea is that if the person cuts out the agent, then they should save either the equivalent of the amount the cruiseline would pay in commission or close to it. :( I do not agree, because the cruiseline would have to pay their staff (with all the associated costs) instead of paying commission and I do not know if there would be much saving for the cruiseline to pass on.

Or that the agent should be kicking back some o their commission either as discounts or gifts, such as OBC.:rolleyes: