MSC Seaside or Harmony of the Seas

MissyF3486

Hi there --

My family is looking to book a cruise on a new ship in late 2017/early 2018, and seem to have narrowed it down to the MSC Seaside or Harmony of the Seas. We have previously sailed mostly on NCL because of affordability (Epic, Getaway, Jewel, and Sun), though we've also sailed on HAL, RCCL (Brilliance of the Seas, so nothing as big as Harmony), Princess and Celebrity.

Though we'd love to try HAL's new Koningsdam, we'll be traveling on this trip for the first time with two babies under 2 (and additional family to help!) and think Royal or MSC would be a better fit with more amenities for them.

My questions are these:

1) Harmony of the Seas seems to be about double the cost of Seaside -- $4000 on Harmony compared to $2000 on Seaside for a comparable room. Granted, Harmony's sailings are not posted into late 2017, so I'm comparing different weeks, but not choosing peak weeks for either. Is Harmony of the Seas/RCCI really worth that much more? MSC is also offering a free beverage package on top of the price difference.

2) Anyone out there have any experience with MSC's infant programming? I've read a bunch of threads about the Royal Babies and Tots on RCCI, but I'm not seeing anything on MSC's options -- babysitting, nursery, etc? (I did cross post these infant questions to the family board, but I thought I'd try here, too!)

Any advice/opinions from those who've sailed either or both lines would be much appreciated!

Missy

Harmony as the Oasis Class ships tend to be are destinations unto themselves with 2 small children I would probably wAit for Oasis class or whatever is next from Royal, as long as the infant stuff you are looking for on MSC is ok.

Save the money and enjoy a fabulous new ship from MSC

I'm afraid MSC would get it for me any day of the week and even if the price difference was in RCI's favor.

I sailed Allure of the Seas 12 months ago, and did not find it a particularly great ship. Most entertainment had to be pre booked. The comedy club was full every night from the moment we embarked. Unless you had booked via their website weeks prior you were not going to get access. However, with 2 small babies this may not be of interest to you.

Also, MSC are far nicer and much better decorated ships. Seaside i would expect to be no different. Allure felt dated to me. Had a very 90's feel about it. Except of course for Park Central. This avenue was beautiful with the rising champagne bar. Heaven.

Im not sure on what the kids clubs are on either so cannot comment here... but for half the price, Seaside has to be the perfect option.

For the record, MSC Preziosa was a nicer ship than Allure. And probably on a par with MSC Lirica prior to its refurbishment.

Hope that helps.