Newbies in Nassau, recommendations?

kellance13879

Beautiful pics of blue lagoon! How do you recommend getting there?? Snorkeling any good there?

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

I don't believe there's any good snorkeling there, i didn't see anyone doing it when I was there, I could be wrong though. I don't believe it has any reef on the island. It's more or less just a beautiful beach.

LuCruise, I recommend renting the kayaks for an hour at blue lagoon island if you can, it's really awesome. It makes it very easy to paddle since it's in the lagoon and it's very calm.

This sounds perfect for our family. Do they have double kayaks so we can take kids along? Are there other water crafts for rent?

This sounds perfect for our family. Do they have double kayaks so we can take kids along? Are there other water crafts for rent?

Here are a couple of pics of the water crafts. We were there last weekend for the Segway tour. Such a beautiful island.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Yes they have double kayaks. They do have other stuff for rent as well, just refer to the pictures about.

Edited by Joffner1208

I don't believe there's any good snorkeling there, i didn't see anyone doing it when I was there, I could be wrong though. I don't believe it has any reef on the island. It's more or less just a beautiful beach.

Thank you for the info! Looks so beautiful! Would you suggest going there if you are only at port from 7-2? We may just walk to junkanoo with a that little time.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info! Looks so beautiful! Would you suggest going there if you are only at port from 7-2? We may just walk to junkanoo with a that little time.

I wouldn't recommend going to Blue Lagoon with your hours in port unless you're booking through the ship. The first ferry back is at 1 o'clock and it's a 30-minute ferry ride. That's cutting it too close to do it on your own.

There actually is a snorkeling beach, across from the main lagoon beach. We saw one person snorkeling and another person standing on the rocks, I think a life guard. But the water was really rough on that side of the island so I'm not sure how much fun it would be to snorkel.

Here's a pic of the snorkeling beach.

ry%3D480

Edited by CruisinCrow

I wouldn't recommend going to Blue Lagoon with your hours in port unless you're booking through the ship. The first ferry back is at 1 o'clock and it's a 30-minute ferry ride. That's cutting it too close to do it on your own.

Oasis class ships on Royal does offer an excursion to Blue Lagoon for the 7am - 2pm Nassau timing. The excursion runs from 8am for 4 hrs (which I'm assuming includes the ferry time). My understanding is that they have their own private ferry.

Edited by LuCruise

Oasis class ships on Royal does offer an excursion to Blue Lagoon for the 7am - 2pm Nassau timing. The excursion runs from 8am for 4 hrs (which I'm assuming includes the ferry time). My understanding is that they have their own private ferry.

You'll be fine if you're booking through the cruise line. I just wouldn't book it on my own with those hours.

We're in the same boat as you, we're sailing on the allure on February 28th and we're in port from 7-2 as well. The first ferry over to Blue lagoon is at 830. You're looking at a tight window there. If you're going to do it I recommend doing it through the ship. It will probably only give you about 2 hours on the island though. That's the only downfall, but it's such a beautiful island.

The best part of Atlantis Resort is the beautiful view of it from your cruise ship entering the port, especially at dawn or early morning. Other than that I had no interest.

Are you up for walking and a few drinks and a swim? Here's a plan........

That's just what I needed to read, thanks. After visiting the Bahamas a lifetime ago I wasn't even planning on getting off the ship this time. Your walking tour has convinced me otherwise. A few cultural highlights, a little local rum, finishing with beer and ceviche at Junkanoo Beach, and I'm good for my six hour stop.

That's just what I needed to read, thanks. After visiting the Bahamas a lifetime ago I wasn't even planning on getting off the ship this time. Your walking tour has convinced me otherwise. A few cultural highlights, a little local rum, finishing with beer and ceviche at Junkanoo Beach, and I'm good for my six hour stop.

9b91736b776daabcdeb6c83c2399d8d6.png

I'm interested in the Segway tour someone mentioned. Can you please give me some more information ??

There are actually two Segway tours in Nassau now. There is one located in the downtown area and there is a new one at Blue Lagoon. We just did the Blue Lagoon one and it was fantastic because we got the fun of riding a Segway plus the experience of the island.

Here is a link to the Blue Lagoon tour: http://www.dolphinencounters.com/programs/segway-blue-lagoon/

And I posted pictures on my blog here (scroll towards the bottom): http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2016/01/breezes-nassau.html

Blue Lagoon's ferry schedule doesn't always work for cruisers, so here is the link to the other Segway tour: http://www.segwaynassau.com/ I haven't done that one but it looks fun too.

Edited by CruisinCrow

• 2 months later...

We will be stopping here in December on Allure. There will be 4 adults in our group (and we all like to have fun and enjoy adult beverages)....this looked great...just wondering if you did it and how it was?

We will be stopping here in December on Allure. There will be 4 adults in our group (and we all like to have fun and enjoy adult beverages)....this looked great...just wondering if you did it and how it was?

Hey there, we did do the walking tour. It was a beautiful day and the directions took us through town on a perfectly-timed path. Somehow we missed the Queen's Staircase, so check your directions on that one, but the rest was as written. The rum distillery was fun--I declared my grapefruit juice-based cocktail to be the perfect breakfast drink. :D We peered into a house in ruins being reclaimed by nature, passed by a cemetery of great age with every sort of headstone, walked along with mourners dressed to the nines, and landed at a family-owned open air beach bar, Tiki Bikini hut, where we drank local brews, ate conch fritters and ceviche, and soaked up the patter between staff and customers. We also hit up Pirate Bay Brewing, which is worth a stop and has wi-fi. When we passed through security I asked the fellow checking IDs how he was doing. "Not as good as you." Heh.