Navigator of the seas specialty restaurants

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the March 5 cruise on Navigator. Tried Chops, Giovannis and Sabor.

Giovannis was great, fabulous food and great service. I loved the gnocchi.

Chops was a very pleasant surprise. I had debated on whether to go or not. The food was very good. My filet was one of the best I have had and cooked perfectly. The sides and appetizers were very good. I thought the red velvet cake was only okay, but I was very full by then.

Sabor was a MAJOR disappointment. The food was bland, even the items designated as spicy. The snapper was very overcooked. Service was slooooooooow. It took almost 2 hours. The desserts was great. I liked the atmosphere on Oasis better. This one is dark and tries to be a fancy restaurant. But, serving mostly tacos, quesadillas and guacamole is not a fancy restaurant. I think they use the atmosphere to justify the $25 per person charge. We decided we would not bother with Sabor on our next cruise. I will miss the guacamole, it was the high point of the dinner.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked Sabor, but it wasn't as good to me as some of the reviews made me think it would be. I loved the Queso and the guacamole. I was a little disappointed because although they made the guacamole near the table, the server was turned away from us, so we didn't get to watch him. My husband tried a margarita, which he enjoyed. We found the tacos and burritos okay, but not outstanding. On the last full day of the cruise, we saw our server from Sabor in the Windjammer. He offered us a BOGO, but we weren't really interested in going back.

When you ate at Giovanni's did you try the Cioppino (sea food soup), it was out of this world on both Oasis 2/6/16 & 3/26/16 cruises. On the 3/26/16 (Easter) we were a party of 9 (3 children) and the amount of appetizers (antipasti & mozzarella salad) was fantastic and overwhelming. Kids got the filet tenderloin and adults got the gnocchi, filet tenderloin, veal ossobuco, crab filled raviolis, etc.

Chops was excellent on both Oasis cruises.

For $10 per child, it was a steal.

We had the antipasti, gnocchi, pappardelle, lamb chops, filet tenderloin, ravioli, and shrimp over the course of two visits. I may have left something off the list. It was all very good. I would not order the shrimp again because it was difficult to get out of the shell. People at other tables had the same trouble. The tiramisu was delicious, but the other desserts were so-so.

We too were on Navigator in October 2015. Ate at Chops 1x and Izumi 2x. We to enjoyed Chops but quite honestly (since I love sushi) really liked Izumi. I also enjoyed their hot stone meal where they brought chicken steak seafood and veggies that were sauteed on th hot stone. Fun dinner! We didn't get to try Sabor or Giovanni but leaving on Navigator again this Saturday on an 8 - night do hoping to make it to them this time around.

We too were on Navigator in October 2015. Ate at Chops 1x and Izumi 2x. We to enjoyed Chops but quite honestly (since I love sushi) really liked Izumi. I also enjoyed their hot stone meal where they brought chicken steak seafood and veggies that were sauteed on th hot stone. Fun dinner! We didn't get to try Sabor or Giovanni but leaving on Navigator again this Saturday on an 8 - night do hoping to make it to them this time around.

We just finished the 8 night Eastern on Sunday. Wonderful ship; wonderful cruise!

• 3 months later...

Is there a way to book dining reservations for dinner before the cruise? Does anyone know the prices for lunch and dinner at any/all the restaurants? Is there a way to find out, we're 133 days out and I know the dining reservations will open about 90 days (or so i was told) and do you have to make reservations for YTD? We never had to schedule a time for your time dining on carnival so just checking as this will be our first RCCL cruise. Thanks for any information you can give me

Is there a way to book dining reservations for dinner before the cruise? Does anyone know the prices for lunch and dinner at any/all the restaurants? Is there a way to find out, we're 133 days out and I know the dining reservations will open about 90 days (or so i was told) and do you have to make reservations for YTD? We never had to schedule a time for your time dining on carnival so just checking as this will be our first RCCL cruise. Thanks for any information you can give me

Yes, you will be able to book dining pre-cruise, it's just too early now. The prices will be listed in your Cruise Planner.

Reservations are not required for MTD.