NCL ship tenders experience

QuattroRomeo

NCL tenders

I've read dozens of threads here about snorkelling in Belize, so thank you to those who took the time to share their experiences! I believe that the private companies, or even brokers, that have their own boats to get you to the sites, seem to be reliable from what you are saying. Of course you first have to get to the port terminal!

With that in mind, can anyone share their experiences about the ship tenders? Will it be challenging to get on an early enough tender in order to arrive on time? For example, if you have a ship excursion I'm sure they will get you on a tender for those, or if you have priority disembakation privileges. But for the rest of us, if we are waiting in line on time (on the ship) for one of the early tenders, will we get on?

Once you were on the private tour, what did you do for safely storing your personal items during the day, at least while in the main boat and then the smaller snorkel boats? (camera, ship card, a bit of money etc). Were there any problems?

Thanks for your thoughts!

• 1 month later...

When we were on the Star they set up a table on the pool deck and were handing out tender tickets. They made an announcement. I think it was 7:30. I saw a post on here about it so I grabbed a coffee and wandered up to the pool deck about 7:15 and walked over to the table as soon as she was set up. We got group 2 and had plenty of time before we were supposed to meet for our excursion at 9:00

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Ive been worried about this too. I've been reading Jade reviews and sounds like its been a nightmare. So Ive been worried to book private tours. I'm still on the fence of what to do

thanks Ive been worried about this too. I've been reading Jade reviews and sounds like its been a nightmare. So Ive been worried to book private tours. I'm still on the fence of what to do

Me too!!! I dont want to book it and miss it

I booked with Exotic Eco Tours in November, 2015. Like someone above said, I got in line very early but we didn't anchor until an hour after we were supposed to. As a result I missed my group flight to Ambergris Key. The folks at the tour company counter said they would refund my deposit immediately. I asked what my options were and they said if I wanted to wait for 30 minutes they were taking a group to Goffs Key. It was quite a bit cheaper than the 50% deposit I had put down and they refunded the difference in cash. The tour was great and I thoroughly enjoyed the snorkeling. The tender process is very hit or miss but there will be options once you get to the port. It was not the tour operators fault we were late but they certainly accommodated me.

Here is their web site if you're interested. I was a first timer with them and would book again.

Well I guess I'm not allowed to post the link but you can find them via the web.

Edited by lifes-a-beach

Thanks lifes a beach! It's great to know the company is flexible; I imagine it's not the first time a cruiser was late! :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity, what ship were you on? Did they announce anything about the reason for them being late to anchor?