New Years Cruise

ihopfar

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Dawn for New Years at the end of the year and would love to hear from people who just sailed NCL (especially the Dawn) for New Years.

It is our first New Years cruise and would like to hear about any special menus in the MDR and/or specialty restaurants for New Years Eve or New Years Day. Also, what kind of parties did they have on New Years Eve?

Anything else different on a New Years cruise than other cruises?

Thanks!

Brad

On the Getaway last week, New Years Eve dining seemed pretty much the same as every other night. People may have been dressed a little nicer, but I didn't see any notices of special menus or anything. I didn't eat in the specialty restaurants or dining rooms, however. The specialty restaurants seemed busy all week and NYE was no exception.

For the rest of the night, there was a party event in pretty much every bar on the ship and in the atrium. The atrium had balloons tied up on the ceiling for a midnight balloon drop. There was NYE decorations around most of the bars. It was a pretty typical NYE all over the ship.

Great question! we just booked the Breakaway for NYE and was also curious how NCL did NYE. We just got off the Anthem of the seas and weren't thrilled with their NYE approach. There were signs in many venues that there were a limited number of reserved table packages including champagne/favors. We never bothered to ask about price since we felt we had already paid a big premium for the cruise.One venue we walked into seemed to have reserved signs on 3/4 of the tables.

Does NCL also sell reserved tables on NYE? Is so, we will be cancelling our reservation since we felt Royal was really gouging passengers after they already paid such a high price for the cruiser do we don't want to get into the same situation.

We just got off the New Years Getaway cruise last week. It was tons of fun. They had HUGE parties all over the ship. We did dinner at le bistro and then saw legally blonde, we came out of the theater around 11:30 and slowly weaved our way to the top decks and ended up smooshing ourselves into spice for the count down. They gave out bubbly starting around 11:30...they were walking around with trays of bubbly, we each took several glasses, you could also have bottles and glasses delivered to your cabin earlier in the evening. Ship does not reserve anything for anyone...it's a free for all party, bubbly and favors for anyone who wanted, for free, and was tons of fun:) I don't like crowds and chaos, but happy people drinking champagne, loud music, dancing, noise makers and plastic tiaras and hats alongside a countdown apparently is fun even with thousands of people in spice:)

Edited by mom23krzkidz

I was on Escape over Xmas and Spirit over new year.

No special menus in the speciality restaurants. I think the MDR did something different.

As mentioned before, availability in the speciality restaurants was extremely limited.