Suite questions on the Allure

We are not normally in a suite, just got a great deal on the new big balcony suites months ago so jumped on it. Just a little nervous about wandering around with swanky folks (don't want to look like the Beverly Hillbillies). So just need to know how people actually dress in coastal kitchen and the lounge-if we are in sundresses with shawls and dad is wearing khakis and closed toe shoes will we be alright or does he need a jacket for dinners? Do they also observe formal dress and do they get overly dressed up, because we can certainly eat somewhere else if so. I don't own fancy clothes and my parents are too old and nearly blind to care a lot.

I am sure someone has posted the menus for CK recently-point me in the right direction, please?

Is the suite lounge open as soon as we board? I love the views from up there and it would be a nice quiet place to sit during the mania of waiting for the cabins to open.

Also specifically about suite 11330-is there a sink in the living room to use for making coffee/tea in the morning or is the only sink in the bathroom.

I think that covers it right now. I just really need some reassurance on the dress up crap. I am one of those that doesn't dress up in real life and don't see why I should be forced to dress up on a trip I pay for, but the suites are a little different, I guess.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is where I would put past cruises, can't be bothered, but my first was Costa World Renaissance way back in 1981 when I was a young travel agent! My, how times have changed!

We were in a Crown Loft Suite on Oasis in November. Coastal Kitchens and the Suites Lounge are always smart casual even on formal nights. You'll be fine dressed as you described.

The Suites Lounge is a wonderful place to spend some time waiting for sailaway. There are complimentary wine and beer and softdrinks as well as a coffee machine. There is a fairly good buffet all afternoon. Finger foods, chicken wings, cheese, etc. It's only a deck up to get to the W/J if you need something more substantial and bring it back to the lounge.

Here's a link to the dinner menus from Anthem. There were no 'pies' on Oasis.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46820719&postcount=31

Don't have a link to the lunch or breakfast menus but the breakfast was pretty predictable. We usually went to the W/J for a better selection.

Can't help with the sink question, have only been in a CLS. We had to use the sink in the bathroom. However, in our suite, in addition to the coffee maker, there was a carafe which could be used to ferry water from the bathroom. Note: this wasn't the carafe for the coffee maker but a separate one. The coffee maker in C/K is a fru fru cappuccino machine. Doesn't make real coffee. Since we were a just a floor down from the W/J, we often brought stuff back from the W/J to our room.

The Suites Lounge is a wonderful place to spend some time waiting for sailaway. There are complimentary wine and beer and softdrinks as well as a coffee machine. There is a fairly good buffet all afternoon. Finger foods, chicken wings, cheese, etc. It's only a deck up to get to the W/J if you need something more substantial and bring it back to the lounge.
Not to be picky but Suite Lounge is on deck 17 and W/J is on deck 16.

Mr Anal Retentive

Edited by cruisin4kicks

We are not normally in a suite, just got a great deal on the new big balcony suites months ago so jumped on it. Just a little nervous about wandering around with swanky folks (don't want to look like the Beverly Hillbillies). So just need to know how people actually dress in coastal kitchen and the lounge-if we are in sundresses with shawls and dad is wearing khakis and closed toe shoes will we be alright or does he need a jacket for dinners? Do they also observe formal dress and do they get overly dressed up, because we can certainly eat somewhere else if so. I don't own fancy clothes and my parents are too old and nearly blind to care a lot.

I am sure someone has posted the menus for CK recently-point me in the right direction, please?

Is the suite lounge open as soon as we board? I love the views from up there and it would be a nice quiet place to sit during the mania of waiting for the cabins to open.

Also specifically about suite 11330-is there a sink in the living room to use for making coffee/tea in the morning or is the only sink in the bathroom.

I think that covers it right now. I just really need some reassurance on the dress up crap. I am one of those that doesn't dress up in real life and don't see why I should be forced to dress up on a trip I pay for, but the suites are a little different, I guess.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is where I would put past cruises, can't be bothered, but my first was Costa World Renaissance way back in 1981 when I was a young travel agent! My, how times have changed!

There's a sink in the bathroom only, we had 11730, loved it, great balcony, enjoy your sailing!!! :)